Bridges and tanks

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

39battalion

Bridges and tanks

Post by 39battalion »

Just starting a new game of HTTR with the new patch and I am a little confused about which bridges can be used by tanks.

As I understand it all light, medium and heavy road bridges can be used by tanks but the type of bridge affects the movement rate. So tanks can move slowly across light bridges but faster across heavy bridges.

The manual says that motorised units ( such as tanks) cannot use railway bridges. However I just managed to get a squadron of tanks across a rail bridge. Not sure what is going on here ?

Could somebody please clarify this for me.

Arjuna

RE: Bridges and tanks

Post by Arjuna »

The map/scenario designer determines the move rates for terrain. It's possible to set the motorised move rate of a rail bridge to something other than zero. So I recommend you check out the move rates. You can do this in game by right clicking over a bridge and it will show you the context menu with the types of terrain under the mouse pointer and their respective move rates for motorised and non-motorised units. This overrides any advice in the Manual.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
39battalion

RE: Bridges and tanks

Post by 39battalion »

Thanks Arjuna !

Return to “Command Ops Series”