What are normal pulse time parameters?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

VilleYrjola

What are normal pulse time parameters?

Post by VilleYrjola »

Hello

I've had Command since the release, but haven't really done anything with it because of time constraints. However I'm not starting to dive into it and wanted to come here and ask a few things about the technical side of the game. I've been running the first tutorial scenario now and watching the game behaviour. I'm getting pulse times between 2 and 20-30 ms with occasional jumps to 60 ms. I also started one scenario to see just how it runs (Duelist) and got pulse times between 10 and 90 ms. I haven no reference points and no idea whether this is normal or not. When I was running the first tutorial scenario action seemed a bit jerky at times and then again butter smooth at times, pulse times stayed at the same readings I mentioned before. I ran the game mostly at realtime and tried few other time compression settings with similar results.

TL;DR I'm looking for some reference points on game performance to figure out if my computer is handling the game as it is supposed to be.

Specs: AMD 1090T Black Edition (3,2 GHz/core 6 cores in total), 8Gbs of DDR3 memory running at 1800 Mhz and Ati Radeon 5970 GPU with 2 GBs of GDDR5(someone is welcome to correct me if this was the wrong memory type)

Thank you in advance!
thewood1

RE: What are normal pulse time parameters?

Post by thewood1 »

Try Operation Bass Drum without touching anything. I get 40-60ms, with spikes of 200-400 every fifth pulse or so. It starts to get a little worse as it goes on until the spikes are 600-1500ms after 4 hours game time.

That is the non-pulse benchmark I use.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi Guys

Take a look in this string for the FAQ links on the modes etc.

tm.asp?m=3655161&mpage=1&#3655817

Mike
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

We do expect some performance with the next update. This will be in some time though as we're on break for a bit and are adding some other things as well.

Thanks

Mike
VilleYrjola

Post by VilleYrjola »

Seems to be running in a similar way with Wodin. I get spikes every fifth pulse or so, but with slightly lower readings. Game seems to be running at 20 to 30 and spikes are between 90 and 120.
Cheers for the quick responses guys!
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Depending on whats happening perf could spike. It is not supposed to be flat.

Where is Wodin reporting this?

Mike
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

Mike, probably thinking "thewood1" instead of "Wodin".
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I can attest it is spikes. I have set up several tests where not much is happening and see the spikes even with almost no activity. Other spikes happen as action starts and that usually stands out separately from the 5th cycle spikes.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ok will be a priority when we spool back up.

We did ask about this prior to breaking and most that responded were ok with it so this is not an emergency.

Mike

Return to “Tech Support”