now problem with the turret

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
fran52

now problem with the turret

Post by fran52 »

Tank you Tom for the instruction on the side but now i need some instruction about the turret offset when rotated.
There is a method to calculate the number X offset and Y offset?
Another probable error is the number for the flipped side.The T34/85 ,when flipped, show another tank instead of the to hit table.The East mod need some correction.
The scenario seem good but, before to post it ,i prefere to correct some errors in the counters.
Is an ASL copy of "Soldier of the destruction".
Tom Proudfoot

RE: now problem with the turret

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

For the turret, it's trial and error, unless the artist can tell you the exact pixels where it is supposed to be centered.

If the turret is in the wrong spot on the vehicle, adjust the turret offset in columns BX/BY in the csv. These are the pixels on the counter where the center of the turret graphic will be placed.

If the turret rotates funny, i.e., the center of the turret graphic itself is not at the rotation point of the turret (an artist mistake imo but sometimes it's easier to just move it yourself [;)] ), the effective center can be moved by clipping the turret graphic by adjusting 'turret trim' in CE/CF columns. If you change this, then you'll probably have to go back and change where it is located in BX/BY since it is now a different size.

The flipped back for vehicles/ord weapons isn't defaulted to the next counter on the sheet like MMCs, it is directly specified in columns BS-BU ('flipped to-hit info').

fran52

Post by fran52 »

So,this mean that i must estimate the differenvce in pixel with my graphic program and than try to change the value on BX/BY with this estimation?The first case is the T34/85 that,if in normal position seem all good but whe is rotated there is a big displacement.
The fipped side is clearly an error of the compiler of the csv.(East mod),i must find it.In any case is only a graphic consequence because the tank fire normally,at least seem so.If i'm not wrong, the value of the table are written in the csv and this is the important thing.
Thank you for the help Tom
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

If the problem is only when rotating, it's probably the CE/CF columns actually. But yeah, I usually take a screenshot and count pixels and cross my fingers about getting it right. It's tedious. [:'(]
fran52

Post by fran52 »

OK Tom,i have understood.Is also possible that the number written in the csv, X offset and Y offset, are not correct.They are 50 and 50 but probably Jonji01 have used this number without knowledge.I forgot the last(for the moment[;)])question.Concern the number of the sprite used for the flipped to hit table.With the number of the column and row there is also a sprite number.Since the bitmap for units are named like Soviet-sheet-01 and so on ,in which way is defined the number of the sprite?
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

The file sprites.csv has the filenames & numbers.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

The file sprites.csv has the filenames & numbers.

Yes Ok,but ,since the mod have new units there are new sprite numbers added.If a flipped counter show,instead of the to hit table,the picture of another tank i thought to an error in the sprite number or the column/row number.
in which way a can check this?In others word,the T34/85 have a sprite number of 191 column 3 row 3,in which way is possible to go up to the original bitmap?

P.S for the turret the number used by Jonj01(50/50) are correct but when the turret is rotated seem that the center used is not the center of the turret but some point near the gun.In the csv i have found also "turret trim" value that seem the number to correct the fault.Is right?

Thank you again for your help and please keep us informed if some new title is in development.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

the T34/85 have a sprite number of 191 column 3 row 3,in which way is possible
Sorry Tom,probably i have found the answer alone.Until now i have not opened the file Sprite.csv,inside the file is written the number, now i must check if the column and row are correct.
the problem with the turret

Attachments
normal.jpg
normal.jpg (49.22 KiB) Viewed 154 times
fran52

Post by fran52 »

And rotated.Here we have 50/50 for the x/Y offset and 0/12 for the trim

Attachments
rotated.jpg
rotated.jpg (34.79 KiB) Viewed 153 times
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

What's the turret .tga look like? Is it one of the ones that came with the game or a new one?
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Is a new one!for the moment i was able to change the number(column and row) for the flipped part.Now the counter show the to hit table(instead of another tank) but for the turret is a puzzle.
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Can you link the actual .tga here? It sounds like it isn't centered on the graphic.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Is this one.Is a jpg,the only one supported.The TGA is centerd on the tank counter with photoshop.Tank and turret are different layer ,in this way is possible to copy only the turret hoping that the position of the turret is not changed.Size of the TGA 127x127.

Attachments
T3485-tur.jpg
T3485-tur.jpg (1.15 KiB) Viewed 153 times
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Oh yeah, that's way off center. It looks like it should be rotating at about 77,77 instead of the tga center of 64,64. So we need to trick the game into thinking the turret tga is 154 pixels (77*2) wide instead of 128. Unfortunately I don't remember if the turret trim in the csv is already divided by 2, or negative, so try these sets of numbers, in likely order of correctness:

-26,-26
-13,-13

(26 is 154 minus 128).

Don't worry about if it's in the right place on the hull until it is rotating right. Once it's rotating right, then go change the turret position.

fran52

Post by fran52 »

Thank you Tom,but this set of number are for the trim or for the X/Y rot.offset?
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Trim.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

OK,now i try.Thank you again and remeber to say something on new development.
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

I leave that to people further up the chain, I just program. [:'(]
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Tom 26,26 is the correct number plus a increment,from 50/50 to 60/60,on the X/Y offset.
The picture is without the 60/60,it work well but with a litle displacement on the front of all turret.
Thank you for your suggestion

Attachments
26,26.jpg
26,26.jpg (52.82 KiB) Viewed 153 times
fran52

Post by fran52 »

I leave that to people further up the chain, I just program
Please ,tell to this people to inform us[:)]
Since you are the programmer i want to ask:Is not possible to introduce a variable turn of entry for the reinforcement?This could add
variability to a scenario, and so,longer playability.
Another question is:I want to add new terrain ,like road block or antitank ditch.To do this is a work on the csv but to add a sprite i thought to modify the third sprite,for example,of the trench.Have you something other to suggest?

Return to “Tech Support”