THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

nashvillen

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by nashvillen »

INP!!!!! [8D][8D][8D][8D]
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

Good morning all.
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Well, paper work is in. City gave me exactly one business day to get design, engineer plans, and plot maps turned in. Now they tell me they will get back to me in 6-8 weeks.

No wonder there are all these anti government types running about
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Well, paper work is in. City gave me exactly one business day to get design, engineer plans, and plot maps turned in. Now they tell me they will get back to me in 6-8 weeks.

Ah! Colorado...the political "California" of the Rocky states...[8|]

Why doncha suggest that City Council relax and try some of the newly legalized...oh, never mind...[;)]
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Why doncha suggest that City Council relax and try some of the newly legalized...oh, never mind...[;)]

Local news last night. Colorado projected to sell 130 metric tons of pot this year [X(]
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

I'm not sure about your area. Several municipal codes in specifically zoned areas, mostly residential. Specify that
no more than 50% of the property may be paved because of the increased drainage due to severe weather that could
over tax the storm/sewer systems designed for that area.
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Local news last night. Colorado projected to sell 130 metric tons of pot this year [X(]
That is a lot of taxes! (guessing over 100 million)
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

I'm not sure about your area. Several municipal codes in specifically zoned areas, mostly residential. Specify that
no more than 50% of the property may be paved because of the increased drainage due to severe weather that could
over tax the storm/sewer systems designed for that area.

Agreed. And if I was doing something new, I could see it. As it is, I ripped out all the existing concrete and replaced it with a lighter material (wood) because the soil is to fluid for concrete. Properly reinforced with casements.

And that was A Bad Thing.
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

Is this butted up to the foundation? If so you may consider paving blocks with 4" inches of compacted sand. If this doesn't please the city, start building a fence made up of old tires, 7' high.[;)]
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

HOA is against the tire idea [;)]

Maybe I'll ask Mandrake for ideas [:D]
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

How `bout decorating the exterior of the house with hub caps.[:)]
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Shame on you Martin - dozing while in flight in vintage Lancaster! [8D]

BTW, have you heard about selling tickets for CWHM Lancaster flight over Atlantic?

Leo "Apollo11"

Haha! Well, in my defence I was very tired. Perhaps the carbon monoxide didn't help either! Once we're in the air I don't really have much to do in general, so some shut-eye is a good option just in case we're busy at the other end.

I've slept in worse places, wedged in an 18" gap between the baggage tins and freight door of a TriStar. In the fuselage tank compartment of a VC-10, stripped of the usual cabin liners etc. So the crawlway down to the rear turret on the Lanc was quite welcoming! [:D]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Shame on you Martin - dozing while in flight in vintage Lancaster! [8D]

BTW, have you heard about selling tickets for CWHM Lancaster flight over Atlantic?

Leo "Apollo11"

Haha! Well, in my defence I was very tired. Perhaps the carbon monoxide didn't help either! Once we're in the air I don't really have much to do in general, so some shut-eye is a good option just in case we're busy at the other end.

I've slept in worse places, wedged in an 18" gap between the baggage tins and freight door of a TriStar. In the fuselage tank compartment of a VC-10, stripped of the usual cabin liners etc. So the crawlway down to the rear turret on the Lanc was quite welcoming! [:D]
And a terrific view, also! [&o]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

I'll believe the revenue receipts from the State when I see it. Funny thing is that the folks really big into pot (selling, personal usage) are those that are...how shall we say...unlikely to be at the front of the line to pay their taxes. Promised revenue from "sin taxes" (particularly for non-addictive substances) is always overstated by the proponents of such legalization.

Witness the Vikings stadium here. To get approval, the state "estimated" online lottery (racino) income for the project to be $110M a year. "Revenue neutral!" "No new taxes to pay for the stadium!" Reality on the receipts for racino income? Zip diddly. The state (and the stadium commission) relied on lies, damn lies and statistics scratched together out of thin air and pulled out of their nether orrifice to lie to a gullible public and get approval.

Three guesses as to where the shortfall is going to come from? [:D]
alaviner

Post by alaviner »

I'll believe the revenue receipts from the State when I see it. Funny thing is that the folks really big into pot (selling, personal usage) are those that are...how shall we say...unlikely to be at the front of the line to pay their taxes. Promised revenue from "sin taxes" (particularly for non-addictive substances) is always overstated by the proponents of such legalization.

Witness the Vikings stadium here. To get approval, the state "estimated" online lottery (racino) income for the project to be $110M a year. "Revenue neutral!" "No new taxes to pay for the stadium!" Reality on the receipts for racino income? Zip diddly. The state (and the stadium commission) relied on lies, damn lies and statistics scratched together out of thin air and pulled out of their nether orrifice to lie to a gullible public and get approval.

Three guesses as to where the shortfall is going to come from? [:D]

"relied on lies, damn lies and statistics" I have heard a fourth more devious form of discourse: "financial analysis" [:D]

alaviner

Post by alaviner »

Hey Mike,
Are you and your house guest still coming to the summit on Saturday?

USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: NCSUforest

Hey Mike,
Are you and your house guest still coming to the summit on Saturday?

Hi Andy, next Saturday, right? 7/26? We are planning on it, although it looks like my lovely bride will be working. The other doctor at her practice has left, so she's on for 6 days/week right now.

This Saturday, and Sunday, we are having a summit at my place! All 4 members of our ThreadWar 2x2 game, Space Chickens vs. Humanity, will be present along with the Bavarian Beer Monster. [8D]

If you feel like two trips down the road, we'd love to have you there as well, Andy. [:)]
Mike

Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike

Return to “The War Room”