YouTube Collaborative Series

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Tophat1815

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Post by Tophat1815 »

Does the correct year 18 save still exist or will there be a problem with the correct timeline moving forward? By this I mean is Veloxi's year 17 alternate going to be used or is Das going to redo his year 17? It's been a great AAR so far but it seems to have stalled
Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

Hey guuuuuuys, I was finally able to use the correct save game for year 18! YAY! As a result, lots of crap happened, so I invite you to enjoy

Distant Worlds Collaborative - Year 18 - Flailing About...

And watch as I ruin EVERYTHING! ;) (Not really...well...kinda...;)
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Well,that is why you never let the secretary of agriculture off the farm.[:D] In all the hullabaloo did ship and base designs get upgraded with point-defense weapons?

Larry,I really am interested to see you sort the puzzle out of what is going on in the worlds of kesk.

So to sum up in readers digest review: Wars..........both back on. PD upgrades maybe yes,maybe no. Ship backlog of construction.....YEPPERS!!! Warship priority of construction......BIG NO! Defense bases being built.......EVERYWHERE!!! "YES"..........Materials shortages/delays rule the empire!!!!! And Keskudons are now paying off every pirate that has a ship. Cashflow............who knows

Special note the keskudon arsenal of F$#% bombs has been exhausted in one episode.....

Larry.........what you gonna do??????
dwawilson

Post by dwawilson »

I really love this collaborative series. The Space Game Junkie spent more money than President Obama. Once all the ships and bases are built you will be running about the same deficit as the USA too.

I have three thing I think you need to address:

1. Rail guns are obsolete. You have researched the tech beyond rail guns and could upgrade to those although I prefer Maxos blasters. You really need to make sure your star ports and bases don't have rail guns. The enemy almost never closes to point blank when attacking space ports and bases.

2. Your ships are too slow. DAS was going to retrofit the ships to run at least 20 speed while cruising. Unfortunately he was looking at the energy line instead of the speed line and the ships are still too slow. This is especially bad with rail guns.

3. You need to specialize your research. The keskodons are not the brightest race in the universe. They really need to research just one or two weapons or they will fall way behind. I suggest blasters and torpedoes.

I cant wait to see what Larry does to get out of this. Is he even around? Maybe it goes something like this:

The three men I admire most
Larry, Das, and the random host
took the last train for the coast
the day the music died

Good luck
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

Basically a cleanup episode...

Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 19: Pt1 ~ Backlogs & Shortages
ORIGINAL: Tophat1812
Larry.........what you gonna do??????
I'm gonna spend 40 minutes and not run the game at all! [:D]

ORIGINAL: dwawilson
The three men I admire most
Larry, Das, and the random host
took the last train for the coast
the day the music died

Good luck
Awesome! [:D]
vmxa_slith

Post by vmxa_slith »

Sounds like someone was listening to Don McLean. BTW I could not watch the carnage from the last episode as money was set on fire for nothing. Resources were squandered for little effect.
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

It was a serious departure from what had been going on before,I like the chaos actually. How Larry and Das deal with the hand they are dealt while keeping the keskudon space opera going is what makes me follow this so close. This is just like the Emperor Fred AAR for me,addictive in a fun way.

I had thought the point defense research was completed already,but its close. Also you are fairly advanced in missiles for your ranged weapons and fairly far up the tree in rail-gun research. Do you have increased rate of fire for your railguns yet? I'd forget torpedoes and go for Ion or Grav weapons myself.

Yes ED I am still working! I'll probably get dumped in the neutral zone.
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

Posted late as I had to upload this twice (thanks for that YouTube). [8|]

Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 19: Pt2 ~ Time to Breath
Keston

Post by Keston »

Good year. I believe the Keskudon word for peace is "insufficient war" but it does help regroup.

The private sector is quite wealthy with 300k cash flow, but it looks like taxes are already high. You appear to be already using enslave as well to boost revenue, but increasing loyal population would be ideal.

What is the population policy strategy right now? Enslave and Exterminate are natural to Keskudons. EDIT: Delete suggestion and math for Exterminate to boost pop on Kesukaa and core worlds since I'm advised the Pop +10% is a multiplier, not additive, so not worth it diplomatically in a central position until stronger.

Raethal and Tairoshans are already really angry. They will make war again - better not to let them set the schedule.

There is a "soft underbelly" argument for having the priority being to knock out the nearby and colony-less Tairoshans or at least strip their resource stars to weaken their economy.

Being reckless as they are, one idea is to try to get the reckless Tairoshans to attack head on once again into Keskuda's apparently weak capital defenses, then jump them with fleets held back out of scan range and follow up a win with a strike on the infrastructure in or near Bispen to draw out their navy. Crush the remainder, then split up the force for simultaneous strikes to capture or take out their stations with a view to claiming at least the westerly ones. Dandalas and Brivust put their scanners too close for comfort with scanners anyway. Knocking out their Super Nova research station would even the score for the one they destroyed, but if the AI maintains it as excess capacity then maybe better to let them keep the resource drain. Even without subjugation, their capabilities would be greatly clipped.

Just a suggestion on the war plans for the inevitable Next Tairoshan War.

The Raethal Group are Aggressive/Cautious, wealthier, stronger, farther away and have more predatory other neighbors than the Tairoshans. Scanner posts and a few scanner ships out in the void would reveal blue fleets inbound to the core worlds in time to react with forces engaged in "Tairoshia."

The risk of a Raethal-first war plan is that it would be a longer struggle and another opportunistic power might jump in against them for the spoils. Right now, the XHumans can keep them busy but unlikely to beat them.

Tactically, are you giving capture orders, or are your captures the result of AI for ships with assault pods picking a target and choosing to capture?

Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

The next Das breakdown of the situation should be interesting to view. The combat fleets have had several months to repair and build new construction,just depends how much of a merchant ship backlog and resource shortage still exists. Could be another slow turn to clear the backlog of construction. What am I saying,somebody else and his buddies will declare war on you without fail,better load troops on those transports.
johanwanderer

Post by johanwanderer »

Unfortunately there is still a bit of backlog at all spaceports, so Das won't be able to build new ships until at least a few months into his year. Then again, there are quite a few non-fleeted ships around, so he might be able to just use them. Also, he might just execute a few Das manuevers against them and not even have to worry about ships.

-Long.
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

Hi all,

I had a major failure on my computer and have had to reinstall everything which has slowed me down some-what, but better late than never I guess, here is the latest year...

Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 20 ~ Clearing the Build Queues

In this episode I actually manage to play the year in a single sitting. This is largely thanks to the way Larry had prepared everything during his turn for us to start getting back on top of the resources, economy and build queues. My turn is largely one of just checking in on things so for me it was fairly relaxing. :)

I should point out that the next player is HistoricalGamer (https://www.youtube.com/user/thehistoricalgamer) also known as FlanyBoy here on the Matrix forums. :)
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Good the decks are cleared or just about cleared for renewed action.
Keston

Post by Keston »

SPOILER - (About Year 20 Above)

Jan 2219: Those Torak-trained troops would make cheap strong basic garrisons for all the Keskudon worlds, especially the restless ones - the current garrisons can be picked up and then thrown into the next offensive.

Feb 2219: Indeed, the impetuous Tairoshans again hurl themselves against Coop's defense. Maybe they saw troops in repair/refit as a sign of weakness?

Mar 2219: Nice tactic to jump their big capital ship at Coop but having HyperDeny on the spot would be very helpful to clear the skies of the Tairoshans rather than just periodically maul them with some getting away to repair. Moving Fleet Admirals to their own custom command ships for maximum survivability would help keep them alive longer.

July 2219: Nice to see the repaired and retrofitted ships rolling out of the yards. The Humans are nicely distracted by the X-Humans - is aid possible to bolster the X-Humans to keep that pot boiling?

Sep 2219: Raising the Long Doan raiding fleet is interesting. A mass of mini-carriers with minimal normal armament should make short work of any isolated ship or station they engage. I imagine the capital ship skeptics await a misfortune as a result of this trial.

Oct 2219: Good job recalling that Fluid-swilling governor back from Zentabia to the capital so he can do some serious work on the economy.

Dec 2219: I suppose it would be nice if our Mortalen "friends" were not doing quite as well as they are displacing the Napoar in the central cluster, but good news there on the whole. Raethal inroads against the XHumans suggests that within the next year they may have successfully expanded and be ready for a fresh bout. It might be beneficial to find a way to keep the northern bug war aflame without either side running away with it.

Et, in summa, Tairosha delenda est.

Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Been about a week here,whats up? file not transffered? New guy awol? Palace coup? Locust plague?Couldn't get a cab?Karma ran over the dogma? WHat????? [:D]
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

Sorry guys my fault, some real life bad timing and then my own stupidity when it came to figuring out recording. I'm uploading episode 21 as we speak, should be live in 3 hours.
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

The next part in the Distant Worlds Collaborative Series is up!

Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 21: Pt 1 - Avoiding Disaster

histgamer

Post by histgamer »

Part 2 of my participation in the Distant Worlds Collaborative Series.

Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 21: Pt 2 - The Battle of Boskar
silentdeth

Post by silentdeth »

Is Larry on vacation or something? There haven't been any videos on his channel for a week.
My Let's Plays of Distant Worlds: Universe Season 2: Human|Season 3: Kiadian|Season 4: Pirate(Balanced)
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

ORIGINAL: silentdeth

Is Larry on vacation or something? There haven't been any videos on his channel for a week.

Holiday? Sounds like a great excuse! I'll take it! [:D] Yes, been away from the channel for a week and a half.

Year 22 of this series is now recorded and is uploading as I type this. Should be live later tonight.

(The Extreme series on my channel will also be continuing tomorrow...)

Return to “After Action Reports”