Black Screen on Startup!

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

K 19

Black Screen on Startup!

Post by K 19 »

I'm getting a black screen after trying to start a new game (campaign, sandbox, etc). Music plays, but with a black screen. Nothing else happens.

I'm running the latest version of the game 7.22 installed over the base download release 7.03. I have Windows XP SP3 and Nvidia 6600 video card with latest drivers.

I even did an uninstall and clean reinstall, plus tried disabling antivirus, but still nothing. This problem is not new, as I started having this problem with earlier patches. Would appreciate any help. Why are so many having various black screen problems and it's not being fixed? Very frustrating. [:@]
Nacho84

RE: Black Screen on Startup!

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello K 19,

Apologies for this problem. We have been getting some reports of "black screens" when finishing a turn due to some bugs in the code (that have been fixed in the latest patches), but this is the first time I get a report on a black screen right at startup. Can you send me the output_log.txt file located in the SPM-Windows_Data subfolder from the installation directory?

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
K 19

Post by K 19 »

Hello Nacho84.

Thank you for your reply. I have attached the requested file. Hopefully this will get fixed soon so I can play again!
Attachments
output_log.txt
(346.8 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
CV60

Post by CV60 »

One idea-check to make sure that when you unpacked the download, check to see that the "Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager" folder that it creates is not nested in the "Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager" one level up.
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
K 19

Post by K 19 »

ORIGINAL: CV60

One idea-check to make sure that when you unpacked the download, check to see that the "Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager" folder that it creates is not nested in the "Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager" one level up.

Thanks for the suggestion, CV60. I checked, and unfortunately the game is installed correctly. I can reach the main game menu fine, but when finally clicking on the 'Start' button in the 'Difficulty Level' screen, it just goes black. It tries to load the new game, but music plays and nothing else. Just a black screen. I'm really hoping they can fix this.
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello K 19,

I've sent you a PM asking you for more info.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
K 19

Post by K 19 »

Replied. Thank you. [:)]
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

To anyone else experiencing this problem:

K 19 sent me a set of files via e-mail and I found out that the problem is that he was running the game at 1024x768, a 4:3 resolution, which is something that is temporarily not supported.

We'll try to reintroduce support for 4:3 resolutions back into the game as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com

Return to “Tech Support”