Stacks keep merging

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

herbinmexico

Stacks keep merging

Post by herbinmexico »

Assume a 2 unit stack with 1 XXX on top and 2 XXX on the bottom. I want to move an additional, say an artillery unit, to joint the 2 XXX. Every time I try to do this is merges with the top unit, 1 XXX. Also if I just want the artillery unit to just joint the stack, it seems to always merge with the top unit. I need so guidance.
Werewolf13

RE: Stacks keep merging

Post by Werewolf13 »

Take the 1XXX and move it off to the side away from the main stack but in the same region. Than add the arty unit you want to it.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
herbinmexico

Post by herbinmexico »

Got that. Now say there is an Army unit, 1 XXX and 2 XXX in Fredricksburg. I want to move another XXX (3 XXX) into Fredricksburg. How do I do that with out having 3 XXX merge with on of the other three (AoP, 1 XXX or 2 XXX)
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

Good Question...

I don't know. But would like to since I always end up having to reset the corps when I want to move 'em out of the region. What a pain.

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

You can right click on the tab of each of them to lock them so that nothing will merge with them. A little lock icon will appear on the tab of locked units.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

Return to “Civil War II”