Attacking Pirate bases

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

TheTempesT

Attacking Pirate bases

Post by TheTempesT »

Hello,

So I play with a lot of automation on while I mostly watch and make a few tweaks to how my empire thinks.

However I noticed that the empires very rarely attack the pirate bases (space ports/colony's). In fact if they are at war with another empire, they NEVER attack the pirate bases.

Is there any Mod or anything in the policy setup I can do to change this behavior? I want my empire to be killing the pirates if they spawn close by their territory.

Thanks.
johanwanderer

RE: Attacking Pirate bases

Post by johanwanderer »

Fleets will not attack pirate bases automatically unless they're in the same system (and have the right attack stance.)

As far as I can tell, the advisers will advise and initiate attacks (if you have advisers attacks / wars / etc. on automatic.) Be advised though, they will as likely to send your fleet consisting solely of troops transports (0 firepower) as your best battle fleet.

I personally just built a couple anti-pirate fleets (when I can afford to) and go around to erradicate them.
Keston

Post by Keston »

Why should the empires pick on the small "independent businessmen" trying to make a living among the stars? They provide valuable services.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

ORIGINAL: Keston

Why should the empires pick on the small "independent businessmen" trying to make a living among the stars? They provide valuable services.

LOL Right! They can be bought off, unlike space creatures. They seldom want more than 5k per year, and the bill for paying off 68 in my current game is under 100k per year. So I let let them alone until game year 10 or so, when I destroy all their spaceports and capture all their mines. I would let them alone all of the game, but by year 10 their warships often surpass an AI empire's total military strength, and they squeeze the AI empire's cash reserves dry...

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Return to “The War Room”