Most Unofficial Brazil 2014 World Cup Thread

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Zorch

RE: Most Unofficial Brazil 2014 World Cup Thread

Post by Zorch »

It makes up for the German's loss in this celebrated game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur5fGSBs ... bdzWgITxBc
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

A great goal by Sokrates to win that one.

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

Germany is a worthy winner [:)]

Any team can win in these finals so fair play.

And now two more years and 2016 Euro Cup in France? And of course Russia WC 2018 [8D]
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
justadude

Post by justadude »

Germany owes a lot to Klinsmann. He came in and put in the foundation that lead to Germany winning their four title. A big part of that was reorganizing the youth programs. This is something he is calling for in the US as well.
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

THX Gents [:)]

... i am exausted , 120 min nailbitting, wining against the Argentine (and partly also the Italian Referee) was a bit to much for my nerves ...just back from the Autokorso [:D]
...its 2:49am [8D] F#%& Yeah !

...and now i can start with the drinking [:)]
Zap

Post by Zap »

Well I can't believe I watched the whole match! But my wife is Mexican and she wanted Argentine to win.
But you known something, the game kept my interest. Both teams were actively attacking and giving their all.

My goodness the Germans were so precise in their passes and attack. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

@Tullius Detritus, your analysis of the low scoring matches was precise and balanced. thanks for that.

What you said "So you can have a match with two teams that try to win their match. These are -to me- the best matches. It's like the flow of a river. But despite these many non-stop attacks, maybe the strikers miss all their chances or the goalkeepers stop everything they throw at them.

Is pretty much what happened in the Championship match between Ger.and Arg. Though Argentina did have a great chance to score at least twice but failed.
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

ORIGINAL: Zap
your analysis of the low scoring matches was precise and balanced. thanks for that.

No big deal. I was describing what I witnessed many many times [:)]

For all I care, football should use some of the American dynamism. I have mentioned basketball. Things like the 24 seconds and illegal defence rules do encourage (if I well understood) a fast pace ergo more attacks ergo offensive play. In the end spectators, fans, supporters are happy and that's what really matters.

Anyway, there is problem that needs to be solved. If I well understood the NBA teams have more or less the same budget or close. This means the teams are more or less on the same level. But in football... You have mega-rich teams vs mega-poor teams... If you force the weak to attack (LOL) their much more superior opponent will put them to the sword. In other words, what works for basketball might not work for football. Dilemma dilemma.
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Great final! The German's looked tough and controlled much of the game.

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

Yes I thought it was a very good game.

In the end the best team won, great goal by Mario Goetze.

Messi? more like Missi. Don't get why FIFA gave MVP to him, what a joke.
Hard-core Spectre

Return to “General Discussion”