random campaign problem

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

rickier65

RE: random campaign problem

Post by rickier65 »

When you select Random Campaign, first delete any existing Random Campaigns. The red X.

Then build campaign. Once the build starts the screen will flash and the progress bar will start filling. When it's finished, The message should change to Saving Campaign, and then it will automatically return to the Campaign Selection Screen. You will probably have to scroll down (arrow on right) because the campaign will show up at bottom of the list.

Thanks
Rick

Attachments
randomcampproc.jpg
randomcampproc.jpg (655.64 KiB) Viewed 608 times
budd

Post by budd »

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

here's a vid of what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDHwyj5 ... e=youtu.be

Ok, well, I'm out of ideas again. I see what's happening, but I don't know why. I'm attaching a zip file of both the RBG and the RCG Before unzipping, make sure you check properties and at bottom of properties screen make sure it is not blocked. Unzip and copy these two file over your existing ones.

Rick
Attachments
PzCRCgandPzCRBg.zip
(49.18 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

After doing the above, check both files and make sure they have permission set in properties as shown below, both files should have same. (except owner should be you not Rick).

If this doesnt work, you might try uninstalling IE10 and reinstalling it (or use Windows utility to repair it).

Thanks
Rick

Attachments
fileperm..andRCG.jpg
fileperm..andRCG.jpg (186.85 KiB) Viewed 608 times
budd

Post by budd »

ORIGINAL: Rick

Ok, well, I'm out of ideas again. I see what's happening, but I don't know why. I'm attaching a zip file of both the RBG and the RCG Before unzipping, make sure you check properties and at bottom of properties screen make sure it is not blocked. Unzip and copy these two file over your existing ones.

Rick

i appreciate the continued effort...thank you.
not sure what you mean by blocked on the zip file. I checked the zip file properties and i have full control and all permissions are set to allow. I don't use explorer at all, i'll find out how to repair it. Would going to IE 11 help at all, isn't that the newest version? I'm out of town i'll get to this when i can and post back on the results.thx again.

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Rick

Rick

i appreciate the continued effort...thank you.
not sure what you mean by blocked on the zip file. I checked the zip file properties and i have full control and all permissions are set to allow. I don't use explorer at all, i'll find out how to repair it. Would going to IE 11 help at all, isn't that the newest version? I'm out of town i'll get to this when i can and post back on the results.thx again.

Sometimes when you download a file the resulting file as a flag set by windows and their is a message in your property window saying the file is blocked. If that happens there is a box to check to unblock it.

If the message doesn't appear then it isn't blocked.

You can uninstall IE 10 then reinstall, maybe that will help. but I'm just about out of ideas for now.

To uninstall I found this at the Microsoft site:
Here is how I tell everyone wanting to uninstall IE10 :
How to uninstall IE10 :
Start button > in the search box, type programs and features > Enter > left side, click View Installed Updates > scroll down to find Windows Internet Explorer 10 > right click > click Uninstall.
Restart computer.
You are then back with IE9.

You can then reinstall from Windows updates

Do you have access to another computer you can try it on?

Enjoy your vacation!

Rick
Stridor

Post by Stridor »

Hi budd,

Ok what that video shows should not happen!

Tell me can you run the random campaign generator via the PCO main program or do you need to do it via the game start menu? (I seem to recall your original problem was not being able to run the random campaign generator from within PCO itself - is this still the case?)

I don't have PCO installed at the moment and don't have access to the PCO source anymore, but it seems what the problem is - is that your mshta.exe is *not* accepting (or passing) command line arguments!

The normal behavior after trying to generate a random campaign is for the random campaign generator to call on the random scenario generator with a whole lot of command line switches to essentially automate it's operation, and then pass results back to the campaign generator. You as a user should never "see" the random scenario generator interface in this case.

But why this is happening is very strange? Perhaps a 32bit/64bit cmd.exe mshta.exe incompatibility/clash (a likely culprit)? Not sure, but something is really odd. I would need to remote control your machine and run some tests to get a better idea.

Do you have another machine to try it on?

FWIW it does work on 64bit windows installs, so there is something very specific about yours causing this issue.

Sorry I can't be of any more help

S
budd

Post by budd »

Hi
i had few minutes to check the thread.

Rick: i overwrote my files with yours and pretty much the same result. I haven't had a chance to deal with IE10 yet.

Stridor: I start PCO with either the start menu or i can start PCO directly from the application file in window explorer. Either way once PCO is running i hit the campaign button and then hit the random button and go from there and always once i hit build it opens the RBG.

Here's a shot of my HTA files and the property page for RCG HTA file. There is no 'opens with' line in the HTA file if that even means anything. i could at one time start the RCG from the HTA file but i cant now and even when i started it from the HTA file it would still be the same result.

Attachments
ScreenShot068vert.jpg
ScreenShot068vert.jpg (71.99 KiB) Viewed 608 times

nelmsm1

Post by nelmsm1 »

I'm having an issue with Random campaigns also. When I click on Random it just goes back to the desktop. I've got a random campaign there that I can select but no way to change or delete it. Just did a fresh install and update.
budd

Post by budd »

welcome to the club[;)]...seems like your closer to getting it to run than me. Hope it gets worked out for both of us.

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: nelmsm

I'm having an issue with Random campaigns also. When I click on Random it just goes back to the desktop. I've got a random campaign there that I can select but no way to change or delete it. Just did a fresh install and update.

There should be a game log file located in the logs folder. It will have the date as part of the filename.

Can you check that and see what error msg. shows?

Thanks
Rick
nelmsm1

Post by nelmsm1 »

Select Campaign, select random and it goes to desktop. Here is what the game log says.

7/21/2014 10:04:56 PM: ******************** New Game *******************
7/21/2014 10:04:56 PM: Current Directory: C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront
7/21/2014 10:04:56 PM: OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
7/21/2014 10:04:56 PM: CodeBase: file:///C:/Matrix Games/Panzer Command Ostfront/PCOstfront.exe
7/21/2014 10:04:56 PM: Assembly Name: PCOstfront, Version=3.2.9.23731, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/21/2014 10:04:56 PM: Managed DirectX:
7/21/2014 10:04:56 PM: Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/21/2014 10:04:56 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2911.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/21/2014 10:04:56 PM: Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
7/21/2014 10:04:56 PM: Loading Guns...
7/21/2014 10:04:57 PM: Loading 'C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront\Data\Guns/75mmL43_Orig.xml'...
7/21/2014 10:04:57 PM: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '75mm/L43' Key being added: '75mm/L43'
at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add)
at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value)
at GameLib.BattleEngine.Data.GunCollection.Add(Gun gun)
at GameLib.BattleEngine.Data.DataDictionary.LoadGuns()
7/21/2014 10:04:57 PM: Loading Armoured Units...
7/21/2014 10:04:57 PM: Loading Infantry...
7/21/2014 10:04:57 PM: Loading Scenarios...
7/21/2014 10:04:57 PM: Loading Campaigns...
7/21/2014 10:04:57 PM: Loading Tables...
7/21/2014 10:04:57 PM: Assembly Name: Lib, Version=3.2.9.23440, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
7/21/2014 10:04:57 PM: Graphics format: X8R8G8B8
7/21/2014 10:04:57 PM: DeviceIdentifier: d7b71ee2-2439-11cf-fc7c-a2b0bec2c535
WhqlLevel: 0
Revision: 0
SubSystemId: -1868031222
DeviceId: 26489
VendorId: 4098
DriverVersion: 8.17.10.1094
DeviceName: \\.\DISPLAY1
Description: AMD RADEON HD 6450A
DriverName: aticfx32.dll

7/21/2014 10:04:57 PM: Manager Adapter value: 0
7/21/2014 10:05:01 PM: Create device.

7/21/2014 10:05:01 PM: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/21/2014 10:05:01 PM: MultiSampleQuality: 0
PresentationInterval: Immediate
FullScreenRefreshRateInHz: 60
PresentFlag: None
AutoDepthStencilFormat: D16
EnableAutoDepthStencil: True
Windowed: False
DeviceWindowHandle: 0
DeviceWindow:
SwapEffect: Discard
MultiSample: None
BackBufferCount: 1
BackBufferFormat: X8R8G8B8
BackBufferHeight: 900
BackBufferWidth: 1440
ForceNoMultiThreadedFlag: False

7/21/2014 10:05:01 PM: Create Flags: HardwareVertexProcessing
7/21/2014 10:05:01 PM: Device Type: Hardware
7/21/2014 10:05:12 PM: MessageManager.Notify: message = 'LEFT_MOUSE_BUTTON_UP', reference = ''
7/21/2014 10:05:12 PM: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName, String arguments)
at GameLib.Mainmenu.SelectCampaign.OnMessage(GameMessage message, Object reference)
at Lib.Messenger.MessageManager.Notify(GameMessage message, Object reference)
7/21/2014 10:05:12 PM: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
at Lib.Messenger.MessageManager.OnTime(Single dt)
at MainClass.Render(Boolean force)
at MainClass.RenderLoop()
7/21/2014 10:05:13 PM: Program Exited.
nelmsm1

Post by nelmsm1 »

Get the same result selecting Random in the battle screen.

7/21/2014 10:14:18 PM: MessageManager.Notify: message = 'LEFT_MOUSE_BUTTON_UP', reference = ''
7/21/2014 10:14:18 PM: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at GameLib.Mainmenu.SetBattle.OnMessage(GameMessage message, Object o)
7/21/2014 10:14:18 PM: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
7/21/2014 10:14:19 PM: Program Exited.
budd

Post by budd »

Man i hope they get the resources to improve the title and make more.

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: nelmsm

Get the same result selecting Random in the battle screen.

7/21/2014 10:14:18 PM: MessageManager.Notify: message = 'LEFT_MOUSE_BUTTON_UP', reference = ''
at GameLib.Mainmenu.SetBattle.OnMessage(GameMessage message, Object o)
7/21/2014 10:14:19 PM: Program Exited.

I seem to recall seeing this LEFT_MOUSE button message on someone elses (maybe budd), problem with Random Campaigns.

I also saw another error message that referred to a duplicate key being added:

Loading 'C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront\Data\Guns/75mmL43_Orig.xml'...
7/21/2014 10:04:57 PM: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '75mm/L43' Key being added: '75mm/L43'
at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add)

If you did a fresh install, make sure after uninstalling that you also remove all the folders left over. Then do the install.

I'm not sure what is causing this LEFT_MOUSE error message.

If I think of something I'll post it here.

Sorry
Rick
budd

Post by budd »

i repaired and reset IE10 and no change, the random campaign generator still doesn't work. Everything happens as before.

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

i repaired and reset IE10 and no change, the random campaign generator still doesn't work. Everything happens as before.

That's really unfortunate. If I can think of something else to try I'll post here. I'm running this in same environment as you I think ( Win 7 - 64bit ) 4GB Ram, 1GB Dedicated Video Mem

Thanks
Rick
dazoline II

Post by dazoline II »

Hey Rick,

Found a way to check on mshta.exe being 64 or 32bit.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5331 ... lt-handler

Another article http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscripting ... n-hta.aspx
suggests there is an alternate way to run a windows program from an HTA file.

The line in PzCRCg.hta using myshell.run('PzCRBg.hta /b "'+id+'" ...); could be replaced with what the article details as this line is the most likely culprit in the crashes. Although I'm unsure if it can pass variables.

The line System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '75mm/L43' Key being added: '75mm/L43' just means someone copied an XML file and didn't go into the file and change the unique ID to something unique.

I'd debug myself but my game install is trashed and I have very little time outside of my current contact. Hope this gives you a lead on debugging. Following up on Stridor's suggestion of a mismatch in 32 vs 64 bit processes not playing well with each other. is a good idea as the type of error "System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform" this is strongly suggests that.

If you do happen to get a coder able to work on the system I'd suggest shifting to Python or some type of scripting language more isolated from the depths of the windows operating system for the random generation or merge it into the game itself. I'd volunteer myself but my contract goes to the end of Feb. and I'm more of a Java guy than C#.

Good luck on debugging!
Moscow by winter? Only if you send Fast Heinz to Kiev.
budd

Post by budd »

if there's any info from me you need or for me to try something out let me know.

P.S. it'd be great if it was incorporated into the game[:)]

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: dazoline II

Hey Rick,

Another article http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscripting ... n-hta.aspx
suggests there is an alternate way to run a windows program from an HTA file.

The line in PzCRCg.hta using myshell.run('PzCRBg.hta /b "'+id+'" ...); could be replaced with what the article details as this line is the most likely culprit in the crashes. Although I'm unsure if it can pass variables.

The line System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '75mm/L43' Key being added: '75mm/L43' just means someone copied an XML file and didn't go into the file and change the unique ID to something unique.

Following up on Stridor's suggestion of a mismatch in 32 vs 64 bit processes not playing well with each other. is a good idea as the type of error "System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform" this is strongly suggests that.
Good luck on debugging!

Thanks Daz I appreciate the suggestions.

Rick

Return to “Tech Support”