Shangri-La Comes Calling, 1965 -- new beta for testing

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Mgellis

Shangri-La Comes Calling, 1965 -- new beta for testing

Post by Mgellis »

Newest beta scenario for testing...it's 1965 and an American carrier battle group is sent to make a show of force and American resolve by wrecking havoc on an Egyptian air base. Of course, the Egyptians do have a lot of Soviet aircraft...

Please let me know what you think. Comments, suggestions, observations, etc. are all welcome. Thanks!

(Revised version uploaded July 24, 2014)

Attachments
Shangri-La..ng, 1965.zip
(101.01 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Mgellis

RE: Shangri-La Comes Calling, 1965 -- new beta for testing

Post by Mgellis »

Ooops...I put this in the wrong sub-forum. I'm not sure how to move it, though. If one of the forum admins to could put it in the Mods and Scenarios sub-forum, I would be grateful. Thanks.
MR_BURNS2

Post by MR_BURNS2 »

The SA-2 sites turned on their FCR/Radar Immuminator´s way to early when i was way out of range, giving themselves away. I assume you planned a SAM Ambush? Maybe they fired on an ambiguous target?
I will add a savegame, i don't want to look at it myself because i don't want to spoil it. [;)]
Attachments
ShangriLa..ng1965.zip
(108.02 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: MR_BURNS2

The SA-2 sites turned on their FCR/Radar Immuminator´s way to early when i was way out of range, giving themselves away. I assume you planned a SAM Ambush? Maybe they fired on an ambiguous target?
I will add a savegame, i don't want to look at it myself because i don't want to spoil it. [;)]

No, that was me. I just turned them on by accident when I was setting things up. Thanks for catching that.
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

Nice scenario, as always. Thank you Mark.
I found one strange thing. On tanker's board (AO 97 Allagash) is placed one Skyhawk (Gladiator #12), it's ok?

Attachments
ShangriLa.jpg
ShangriLa.jpg (44.71 KiB) Viewed 36 times
Patmanaut

Post by Patmanaut »

Intersting one.
I´d like to have a minimum of ASW aircraft, carrier or land based.
I tried to detach the sub from the group to no avail, the detach option remained grayed out.

Thank you

P
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: mikkey

Nice scenario, as always. Thank you Mark.
I found one strange thing. On tanker's board (AO 97 Allagash) is placed one Skyhawk (Gladiator #12), it's ok?

Hmmm...the Skyhawk shouldn't be there. Probably just a glitch in the editor that I didn't notice. I'll fix it. Thanks.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: Patmanaut

Intersting one.
I´d like to have a minimum of ASW aircraft, carrier or land based.
I tried to detach the sub from the group to no avail, the detach option remained grayed out.

Thank you

P

It's not part of the group. You can just change the course normally.

(I normally have a course set up for the player side, etc. because I figure the ship might be on their way somewhere, or just doing normal training, when the orders to start a mission actually come in. I assume once the orders come in, people will change course, etc. as necessary.)

DeltaIV

Post by DeltaIV »

Fun scenario. What i've noticed (in the editor), that the ferry mission for Neutral side (the passenger A/C) seems to be broken. They're just loitering around and will eventually RTB when bingo.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: DeltaIV

Fun scenario. What i've noticed (in the editor), that the ferry mission for Neutral side (the passenger A/C) seems to be broken. They're just loitering around and will eventually RTB when bingo.

Yes, you're right. I'll report this, in case it is a bug of some kind. In the meanwhile, I'll play with other solutions (probably a Support mission of some kind...)

Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

I think I fixed it. I THINK the problem was that when I set up the mission, I did not select an airbase BEFORE creating the Ferry mission. That was what confused the AI. I think...I'll keep testing it and we'll see what happens...
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Any other comments, suggestions, etc.? Or is this ready to submit to the Community Scenario Package? Thanks.
Lawdog1700

Post by Lawdog1700 »

I downloaded the scenario last night and played it. This is a fun scenario. The only problem is that the link provided does not include the changes based upon the constructive criticism that the other posters have given. I still had one A-4 based on the oiler. If you have made the changes, could you post a link to the corrected scenario file? Thanks. Again, that is just a technical problem. This is a fun one.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: Lawdog1700

I downloaded the scenario last night and played it. This is a fun scenario. The only problem is that the link provided does not include the changes based upon the constructive criticism that the other posters have given. I still had one A-4 based on the oiler. If you have made the changes, could you post a link to the corrected scenario file? Thanks. Again, that is just a technical problem. This is a fun one.

That's odd. It's possible I uploaded the wrong version by accident. I just uploaded it again, so I hope that solves the problem. Thanks for letting me know.

mikkey

Post by mikkey »

Mark, thanks for update.
Lawdog1700

Post by Lawdog1700 »

Played it again last night. Fantastic. I think this one is ready.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”