Land Combat - Display of combat odds

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

larrydc

Land Combat - Display of combat odds

Post by larrydc »

I have a "small" problem with my game. During the Land Combat Declaration phase the combat odds are not displayed when I place the cursor over either the target of the land combat or over any of the attacking units.
Per the video tutorial the odds are supposed to display in the bottom of the main form. They do not on my copy of the game.
I have installed all the updates. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but still no display of the land combat odds. What am I doing wrong, or is there a problem with my game?
This happens both in solitare play and in a games via NetPlay.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
paulderynck

RE: Land Combat - Display of combat odds

Post by paulderynck »

What is your screen resolution?
Paul
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Snake Eyes

I have a "small" problem with my game. During the Land Combat Declaration phase the combat odds are not displayed when I place the cursor over either the target of the land combat or over any of the attacking units.
Per the video tutorial the odds are supposed to display in the bottom of the main form. They do not on my copy of the game.
I have installed all the updates. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but still no display of the land combat odds. What am I doing wrong, or is there a problem with my game?
This happens both in solitare play and in a games via NetPlay.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
A screenshot of the problem would help us understand what might be going wrong.

[My best guess would be that the size of the Main form has been reduced vertically so the bottom line of the form is not visible. - But that's just a crazy guess.]
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Blue Army

Post by Blue Army »

Hello

I have the same small problem when I display the cursor over the target hex or the participating attacking units. I got no combat odds in the main form. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.

Any help will be most appreciated - but on the plus side I of course now blame the program for all my miscalculated and risky attacks[;)]

Thanks.

Attachments
Nytbillede.jpg
Nytbillede.jpg (179.82 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

You only get combat odds if you declare an attack on a hex (by double clicking on the hex). You can always undo an attack by right clicking on the hex and cancel the attack. You can also eliminate units for a attack by right clicking on a unit attacking a hex.

I hope this helps...

Peter
Blue Army

Post by Blue Army »

Thanks, but no matter what I try it does not help. Hopefully I am just doing something wrong - if anybody have the time I have enclosed a saved game after declaring an attack in Poland.
Attachments
mic211.zip
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

His main form is not full size; there should be one more line under the line that gives the nationality, terrain, and hex information; this is the line that displays (among other things) the combat odds. Resize the main form to be about 3/8" (1 cm) larger vertically, and you should be able to see the combat display.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Blue Army

Post by Blue Army »

You are right, thank you. In your AAR's I can see a grey line at the bottom of the main form - that should do it. Now I just have to find out how to make the main form vertically larger - horizontally I have the option but not vertically.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

MWiF has a minimum screen resolution spec. You may need to change yours.
Paul
larrydc

Post by larrydc »

Okay, problem (for me) solved. Paul was correct, I read the July update notes and it said that screen resolution should be 100% in Windows, mine was set at 125% (old and tired eyes). Changed screen resolution to 100% and now I have the grey bar in the Main Form and can see the information in that box. Now, game needs to be modified so I can set screen resolution to 125% and still work! Thanks for the help.
Blue Army

Post by Blue Army »

The screen resolution did the trick for me too. Thanks all!

Return to “Tech Support”