WiTP Will not initiallize

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jbdenney

WiTP Will not initiallize

Post by jbdenney »

I am running Windows 8, Tracker AE 1.9.2, with the latest update of WiTP AE.

I had a copy of WiTP with the tracker running in an machine that got replaced. I had not played the game on the new laptop. I had copied over the full folder structure but had not reinstalled AE.

I made a copy of the old structure as a back up. reinstalled AE. I also set up my Tracker AE to follow a new game. When trying to start a new game with the tracker it starts to load but I get a "Java(TM)Platform SE binary has stopped working". My only option is to close the program. If I go to the OLD folder backups the Tracker AE loads (the old in progress game)abd runs correctly. I use Identical WitPTracker.bat file and same "witptracker.properties" files in BOTH setups. In other words on the same system with the same settings a tracker install will run an existing game database but I cannot get it to start a new game database.

Help!

jbdenney
Amoral

RE: WiTP Will not initiallize

Post by Amoral »

Tracker only runs with Java Runetime Environment 6. On a new computer you will only have JRE7. You can get JRE6 by googling Java JRE6, or by going to this page. You have to register with the oracle website to access the archived downloads, but it is free.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 45-oth-JPR
jbdenney

RE: WiTP Will not initiallize

Post by jbdenney »

Thanks. That was exactly the problem. I think what happened was that I was running Java 6 when I first set up the previous game. Sometime after the fact I upgraded to Java 7. It would run but I never tried to initialize a new game.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”