Civilian Traffic

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

djoos5

Civilian Traffic

Post by djoos5 »

Okay...

So, in my current scenario build I have added 6 Neutral airports and there are a total of 8 civilian commercial airliners.

I set up my Ferry mission, added all 8 airliners, set it to Random... and they launch and then immediately re-land at the very same airport from which they just took off.

Anybody know what part I am missing to have them go to their listed destination airport? Will this mission repeat itself throughout the scenario, or once they reach their destination they are done?

The range is not an issue - all are well within the flight range of each jet. They ALL have passengers loaded. There are NO other units in the scenario yet - I was just testing the civilian behaviors - so that does not offer any answers.

ANy help is greatly appreciated!

DJ
mikmykWS

RE: Civilian Traffic

Post by mikmykWS »

If its cycle or random selecting the bases doesn't do anything (although maybe it did at some point). Anyways we'll take a look but in the meantime you can get random traffic by just creating the mission, picking cycle. You may want to stagger ready times as you may not want them traveling in unison.

Example attached
Attachments
FerryMission.zip
(4.98 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

Yours works great, Mike.

Mine on the other hand is doing a launch and immediate land - but it looks like I have the same setup as yours.

I thought you were on vacation? I meant this post for another scenario designer. [:D]

Anyway, here is a copy of my mission. You will have to switch sides to civilian to see them, as they are the only things so far set up in the mission.

Didn't you also tell me there was a way to copy units from one scenario to another? Or do I use the export function?
Attachments
ferrymission.zip
(13.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

Okay... I think I have it working now. I broke the flights into three ferry missions and then started the game. The first set of jets took off and all but 1 re-landed, but then other jets began to take off for proper destinations. I sped up the clock and they all began to fly and work like clock-work.

If I have them set to Blind, they are set to the least system-taxing state for the game, right?

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”