Android version stuck

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
ptisinge_slith

Android version stuck

Post by ptisinge_slith »

Hi,
As a happy owner of the PC version, I bought the android version today to play on my Asus Nexus 7. I can't start the game though. After downloading the game from the play store and installing it, I get the following messages:
Requesting license verification
Received correct license confirmation
The game needs to download game content
and then a big button with "Start download!" appears, but no matter how much I try, it doesn't seem to register me tapping on it, or even clicking on it using a Bluetooth mouse, or tapping/clicking anywhere, and nothing happens (after any period of time).

I uninstalled and downloaded/installed again but got the same result.

Anything I could potentially do to get this unstuck? Thanks in advance!
JosephM

RE: Android version stuck

Post by JosephM »

I'm sorry you are having problems downloading the game. Please try going into Settings>Application Manager and then find the app Google Play Store. Click on this and then go "Clear Cache". Then please try a soft reset (e.g. turn the device off and on again), then try downloading the update again.
ptisinge_slith

Post by ptisinge_slith »

I tried that twice (clearing cache, turning the device off and on) and it didn't work. I also tried uninstalling everything, clearing the cache, reinstalling the app (downloading everything again) and it resulted in the same problem.
To be clear: the Play store downloads the entire game without problems and reports it as installed. It is only after that, when I try to open the game, that it goes through the license verification and then displays the "start download!" button.

Is "Start download!" a button, ie when it works does on need to click/tap on it? Is this possibly a bug where the tap/click is not registered properly?

My device is an Asus Nexus 7, first generation, running Android 4.2.2
Niessuh

Post by Niessuh »

It seems there is a problem with the brand new 1.3 patch in order to identify the already downloaded content. We will solve that and upload a solution shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm
ptisinge_slith

Post by ptisinge_slith »

Ok, thanks for looking into that and for the quick reply.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

We've just updated with a new version which should fix the problem.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
ptisinge_slith

Post by ptisinge_slith »

Thanks for working on that so fast.
Unfortunately, I updated and still no luck - I got the exact same result.
I've cleared the google store cache, soft reset, same result.
I've uninstalled Qvadriga and I am now redownloading everything - hopefully this will work... I'll let you know.
ptisinge_slith

Post by ptisinge_slith »

Still the same problem, even after a complete uninstall, re-download and re-install. The same "Start download!" button shows up and nothing else happens.
JosephM

Post by JosephM »

Hello Ptisinge,

I'm sorry, but although we have updated the new version, it can take a number of hours to clear Google's approval system. However it should be cleared shortly, so please do try updating later on today. We cannot give a set time for this, but hopefully if you check the update at approximately 9pm GMT hopefully the new version will be live upon the Play Store by then. Again sorry for all the trouble.
Niessuh

Post by Niessuh »

I have now downloaded the brand new v1.41, and I could confirm it is working fine now [:)]
Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm
ptisinge_slith

Post by ptisinge_slith »

Indeed, it works now! Thanks so much for dealing with this so quickly, this is what I call outstanding support! Thanks to you I'll be able to enjoy Qvadriga in the plane tomorrow.

Return to “Tech Support”