RA 6.7 latest patch- considering a game?

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Cavalry Corp

RA 6.7 latest patch- considering a game?

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Hi All,

I have been playing AE several years, live in the UK so GMT. I would call myself medium experience at Japan side only.
Currently have 1 game in July 43 scn 2 and one in June 42 scn 1

Looking to play allied side in RA6.7 ( though I could consider Japan again I suppose) . Extended and stacking map, latest beta patch I suppose.

2 day turns a must( much more realistic for command and control issues) ,PDU ON ( but Japan must build all planes in succession not jump the que this is more realistic)

reasonable house rules nd start rules if needed.

Prefer someone who has not played RA before ( and go into it blind with me). I had one game ( very early version)going as japan 2 years ago but the allied player vanished in Dec 42.

I think I can manage 4 or more turns per week, sometimes 7. possible aar.

Michael

John 3rd

RE: RA 6.7 latest patch- considering a game?

Post by John 3rd »

Michael,

If you can wait a couple of weeks we shall have RA 7.0 released being fully DaBabes compatible, with off-map Allied Bases for plane purchases, and JWE's new OOB for Aust, NZ, and the Philippines. Just wanted you to be aware of this!

John

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

John,

Thanks for this ok lets wait sounds great. Does that mean there is a new map?

Mihael
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Juan is adding additional off map bases that hold emergency plane units. The Allied player may choose to spend some of his Political Points to buyout extra aircraft in an emergency. Costs points but allows the Allied player a chance to get those airframes if he needs them...

Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Sounds interesting- So there will be a new map?

Looking forward to 7.0 then and I seem to have an opponent lined up.

Lastly John do you recommend historical first turn as it will be 2 day turns. I loaded your 6.7 and let it run on 2 day and it seemed to play out ok? Did you have a suggestion for this option and do you have a list of suggested house rules you will publish with 7.0?

ps thanks for your work on AE RA its a big contribution...
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

The new bases are placed on the existing map edge and function as their own autonomous sites. Juan G is finishing the work and I should see it tomorrow. We'll release the Treaty Mod at that point and move directly into RA 7.0 and the new Mod Between the Storms which splices Treaty and RA into one new Mod covering AltNav Hist from Washington Conference through the rise of Yamamoto as Navy Minister.

I've never played two day turns so I am not sure on your question there. Don't have an informed opinion here.

HR Rules. I can send you my last set I played with. There are a few that are specific to RA to prevent abuse and can get you those. Shoot me an email and I write you from my personal email address.

Appreciate the thoughts on RA. There have been a BUNCH of people who have helped provide vision, brainstorm, do art work, and help us along for the last three year with RA. THEY deserve the thanks!

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Just bumped Juan's thread on his off-map bases idea. It is over in the Scenario Design portion of the Forum.

Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

John,

OK you can pm me....

ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Cav - I strongly recommend you take your private email address down. You put your computer at risk with that info by hackers and others. [:-]

Years ago I briefly played 2 day turns. Lost most of my American CVs off Suva in early 42. [:(] So with a historical first turn then KB will lose lots of planes on day 2 which is a trade off for what damage can be done. Maybe you will need to negotiate what CAP levels the Allies can set for a non-historical first turn. Maybe 30 or 40% across the board would be fine as those at Pearl are not in good shape to start with. KB may need to have more Zeros assigned CAP as Nagumo would have feared a counter strike on the 8th. No strafing done at all!! [;)]
[center]Image[/center]
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

OK thanks for the advice.

Thanks too for the observations on the game. Historical first turn looks better - I did set it up and it played quite well on the 2 day cicle but see if my potential opponent agrees.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Michael gave very sound advice on multiple fronts with your email as well as multiple turns. Shoot me a PM with your email and we're good.

Erkki

Post by Erkki »

In historical first turn KB Zeros are ordered to airfield attack and strafe Pearl(@ 100ft)(as they did historically). With DBB's changes to flak(and due to flak apparently ignoring the December 7th surprise) there can be up to 40 of them shot down.
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Flak ignores the surprise- I did not think that was the case I thought everything was halved?
DanSez

Post by DanSez »

(friendly bump in case you are still looking)
Does that mean you are going 7.0 or staying with a RA 6.7 game?
Jumping into both RA and DaBabes seems like an extra challenge. Good luck.

I haven't played any RA mod yet, and am looking forward to the double AAR brewing based on RA 7.0.
I want to load up RA 6.7 and check it.

The Commander's job is to orchestrate and direct the three major dimensions of combat - space, time and force. Shattered Sword, the Untold Story of the Battle of Midway
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Dansez

Looking at doing 7 - lets wait until that is out. How much AE have you played?

I did play the old RA a couple of yrears ago but the allied player vanished after a few months of what was quite good play.
DanSez

Post by DanSez »

I haven't played DeBabes at all (lite or full)
Had the game for a couple of years now but still have lots to learn.

I have a good friend that I've played AGOD PBEMs against and we are playing our 4th short WitPAE scenario (me as the Japanese in Guadalcanal). Our plan is to do finish GC and maybe then do the 1000 mile scenario before launching a Full Campaign.

I am trying to get a scenario 2 going against someone I haven't played before or seen on the boards, but that one is very slow getting started (both of us newbies).

The longest full campaign test game against the AI has been into Feb 42 - not too far, so you might want a more experienced opponent - especially since you want to run RA and DaBabes combined.

At the moment I am interested in the RA 6.7 and single day turns, but jumping into another game just might be more than I can commit to until I see if the scenario 2 game gets going. Good opponents are hard to find so PLEASE keep me in mind for the future (PM me if you want to communicate via emails).

I do not plan on going away.

The Commander's job is to orchestrate and direct the three major dimensions of combat - space, time and force. Shattered Sword, the Untold Story of the Battle of Midway
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I'd hoped to have 7.0 out this week but we found a couple of minor issues. Expect the release to be on Mon--Tues. Would say sooner but my family and I are going camping Wed--Sat.

Sorry!

Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

OK thanks John, To those that have expressed interest lets wait until its out an I will repost here if you are still interested.

Please remember it will need to be 2 day turns for me.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I'm home and will be getting on the RA 7.0 release.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

RA 7.0 will be loaded onto the Website tomorrow and be available for download. Will write here when that is done.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”