Saved oil bug is back

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Courtenay

Saved oil bug is back

Post by Courtenay »

(These messages copied from the "Few basic questions" thread.)
ORIGINAL: Courtenay
ORIGINAL: Cohen

Can oil be saved in stacks?
As per more than 1 Oil Point per hex?
I got the impression that is not possible, and I fear that I am wasting oil resources on turn by turn basis right now.

It is legal to save up to four oil in a hex. At one point there was a bug that caused more than one oil per hex to be lost, but that was fixed months ago. I am routinely saving multiple oil points in the same hex.

I was too complacent. I just discovered that the saved oil bug is back. I include a saved game from final production planning. Accept all the planning, scrap units and produce as you will. The Russians should wind up with two oil points in the southern Persian resource, and the Japanese should end up with two in a couple of NEI resources, and there may be others. Note the 2 Russian oil points in Astrakhan, proving that at one point it was possible to save two oil resources in the same hex.
Attachments
OilBug.zip
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
I thought I knew how to play this game....
AlbertN

RE: Saved oil bug is back

Post by AlbertN »

For what I tested out after, it should be just a display bug.
As per the "counter" on the map is not updated in numbers, but in the Prod.Planning you get the total oil you have.

Anyhow best to be checked out!
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

No, it is not cosmetic. The number of saved build points on the map agrees with the number of saved build points on my production screens, which is too small, as there aren't enough saved build points on the map.

Unless, of course, the number of saved build points will magically change during production, which is always possible -- we are talking about a computer, after all. Does that happen?

Attachments
OilExplain.jpg
OilExplain.jpg (294.54 KiB) Viewed 38 times
markb50k

Post by markb50k »

Why are you showing us Russian oil on the left and a japan prod screen on the right? I'm confused
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Because I am an idiot. Both the Russians and the Japanese had nine build points saved, and I somehow got two things mixed up. Here is the Japanese screen. I clearly can't read. (And yes, I am red-green color blind.)

Here are the Japanese build points.

Attachments
OilExplain2.jpg
OilExplain2.jpg (56.17 KiB) Viewed 38 times

Return to “Tech Support”