[FIXED] B554 (v1.04) Sound problems

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Rangoon

[FIXED] B554 (v1.04) Sound problems

Post by Rangoon »

I noticed that in this version the sound of missiles firing and units being destroyed are echoing more now (or more tightly now) and phasing as a result. It also seemed to slow down the simulation as time went on, where both the sounds themselves would play out more slowly, stuttering, and also the game time would chug.

This also brings up an issue I have had with the sound since release, which is that there is no volume control either globally on sound effects or individually. It would be so nice to have a volume slider/mixer like most games do. I tend to keep my system volume high for VOIP purposes, but the game volumes turned down to about half. With CMANO I have to turn my system volume down, and ONLY for CMANO. A small issue, but still...

And more specifically, it would be nice to be able to turn down certain sounds. The high pitched alert sound that plays when an enemy missile is launched becomes very grating after only a few iterations. It would be great to be able to turn down the volume on those rather than on everything. If Sea Hag were to get integrated officially into CMANO, which would be excellent, that would of course more than accommodate such things. Maybe that is pie in the sky. Perhaps I can go find that sound in the CMANO directory, and then just normalize it to a lower volume, but maybe I'm not the only one who finds it too loud. Or maybe it's nice to have it loud for the first few, but then during an especially busy engagement turn it down for the remainder of the engagement. Just some thoughts.
ComDev

RE: B554 (v1.04) Sound problems

Post by ComDev »

Reported, thanks! [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Fixed in Build 571.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I will second in game volume control. My sound card and speakers are messed up and always loud. Even with my low setting the game volume was overwhelming.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Updated request for in game volume controls. Thanks guys!

Mike
Dimitris

Re: [FIXED] B554 (v1.04) Sound problems

Post by Dimitris »

In-game volume control has been added for a few years now.

Return to “Tech Support”