How to get list of required resources for a component?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

dhayut

How to get list of required resources for a component?

Post by dhayut »

Window with that list opens occasionaly when new component was discovered.

But how do I open it on purpose?
Aeson

RE: How to get list of required resources for a component?

Post by Aeson »

If you have already developed the component and it is available for use in your designs, then you can go into the ship design screen (click the button in the top center of the main game screen that looks like a ruler and a protractor, then click on one of the options at the bottom of the menu that pops up to edit, create, or manually upgrade a design), select the component from the list of available components to add to the ship or in the list of components currently on the ship, and a few details of the component should appear in the lower-left corner of the ship design screen. Once you've done this, click the button that says 'component guide', found in the lower left corner area of the design screen just below the list of available components or above the area where the component overview shows up, you'll get the window that tells you what resources are required for the component. There's also a construction summary button that tells you how many of what types of resources are required to build the design you have open, found under the list of components on the current design.

If you go to this thread and look at the picture in the original post, the component guide button is the button under the list covered by the 'h' of 'why,' while the construction summary button is under the list beneath the question mark:
tm.asp?m=3638988

If you have not yet made a component available for use yet, I do not know how you might look up its resource requirements in game, though these threads contain links to spreadsheets that you can use outside the game or have up on a different monitor or computer while you're playing:
tm.asp?m=3352769&mpage=1&key=%EF%BF%BD (feelotraveler)
tm.asp?m=3624506 (Numdydar)
Both probably provide equally accurate information, though I've not checked, nor do I know how much they reproduce one another. I know that the second includes component characteristics (when fully upgraded) in addition to resources required, though I could not say whether or not feelotraveler's guide does so as well.
dhayut

Post by dhayut »

I found the button 'component guide'. That's what I needed.
Thanks for detailed answer!
DeadlyShoe

Post by DeadlyShoe »

another thing you can do is open the Expansion Manager, then click on a resource there. It will list all the components that resource is used for.
dhayut

Post by dhayut »

ORIGINAL: DeadlyShoe

another thing you can do is open the Expansion Manager, then click on a resource there. It will list all the components that resource is used for.
Thanks!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”