SPM v. 0.7.22 is now available

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

Nacho84

SPM v. 0.7.22 is now available

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello all,

The latest update for SPM is now available! Please download it directly from the Matrix FTP at ftp://beta.matrixgames.com . When prompted, please specify the following username and password: SPMBetaTester/SpmBeta1114. I strongly recommend you to download the file using filezilla.

Inside the FTP you will find an installer file named SPM-Windows-Slitherine-0-7-22.exe, just download it and run it in order to overwrite the contents of your current installation folder.

This update includes bugfixes and new animations for robotic missions. Make sure you check the full changelog here to get a complete overview of this release.

Looking forward to hear your feedback!

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
DGatsby

RE: SPM v. 0.7.22 is now available

Post by DGatsby »

Thanks for the update! I'm looking forward to getting into it. Question: is there a list of what Soviet animations have been implemented? I want to do a Soviet game, but I'd like to wait until the majority of the animations have been included.
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Installed and is now running. While Argentina is leading the penelties in the worldcup semi against holland.
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello DGatsby,

We don't have a full list in a single place, although if you browse through the changelog you can get a better idea of which programs have been implemented. We're planning to release a big update at the end of next week featuring the animations for the Soyuz 7K-LOK progam, so you might want to wait for that one. Notice that the animations for Vostok, Voskhod, LK-700, etc are already there.

@Swedewolf: Yes, I posted the message in the half-time. Quite excited that my team made it to the finals, can't wait until Sunday!

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Yup sunday will be fun, good luck. cheers
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
DGatsby

Post by DGatsby »

Thanks for the info! I'll finish my USA sandbox and start the Soviet one next week.
xt828

Post by xt828 »

Hi guys,

I am running avast! antivirus, and it found Win32:Adware-gen [Adw] in this file - any idea what's going on?
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello xt828,

Welcome to the SPM forums! [:)]

Yes, this was reported in the Slitherine's forums as well (see here). Not really sure what's going on, to be honest. In any case, we're going to discontinue the manual patches soon and provide all updates via the auto-updater tool. In the meantime, please bear with us.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
xt828

Post by xt828 »

Good to know you're aware of the problem. Since downloading the update, my avast has actually detected the virus in both the update exe and in the Filezilla exe.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: Nacho84

Hello xt828,

Welcome to the SPM forums! [:)]

Yes, this was reported in the Slitherine's forums as well (see here). Not really sure what's going on, to be honest. In any case, we're going to discontinue the manual patches soon and provide all updates via the auto-updater tool. In the meantime, please bear with us.

Cheers,

That's bit pity, since I am sometimes visiting rural places without own internet connection with my laptop. FTB to USB stick works for me fine in those cases. [8D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Globemaster77

Post by Globemaster77 »

Can anyone help? I've downloaded all the previous updates since February, but 7.22 leaves a slightly small .tmp file, 761k kb vs. the 779k kb that it's supposed to be. This is using Filezilla. It failed once so I upgraded to the newest version and it's failed 3 more times. I also tried a direct download through Chrome, but it failed at about the same size.

Thanks in advance!
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

ORIGINAL: Globemaster77

Can anyone help? I've downloaded all the previous updates since February, but 7.22 leaves a slightly small .tmp file, 761k kb vs. the 779k kb that it's supposed to be. This is using Filezilla. It failed once so I upgraded to the newest version and it's failed 3 more times. I also tried a direct download through Chrome, but it failed at about the same size.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Globemaster,

Welcome to the SPM forums! Just download the latest file from the FTP and install it on top of the installation folder. The patches in the FTP are self-contained, so you don't need to install the intermediate versions, the latest one on top of the base installation will work.

Feel free to let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
xt828

Post by xt828 »

Playing as the Soviet sandbox in this version (finally got it downloaded), when scheduling the Mars 2 (Mars Orbiter, Lander and Rover) mission, I got the warning that due to not having completed the Mariner 9 Mars Orbiter mission I would have a penalty to success. I had previously completed the Mars M-69 orbiter mission, the only other Martian probe currently available.
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello xt828,

Thanks for reporting this! Sounds like a glitch in the database, I'll look into it. Do you have a savefile so that we can reproduce it and test whether our fix works?

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”