[FIXED B562] Problem?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

djoos5

[FIXED B562] Problem?

Post by djoos5 »

I am not sure if this is a mission programming issue on my part, or if there is some challenge with Build 553.

I have attached the AA Log and my current scenario build for Med Conflict Rev E.

It runs fine, but when I go to the NATO or Warsaw Pact sides to see if everything is initiating properly, I get this:

3/12/1990 10:03:10 AM: Inf Plt (Recon) 6 is unable to pick a suitable point inside patrol area defined by Ref. Points: RP-1369 - RP-1370 - RP-1371 - RP-1372

3/12/1990 10:03:10 AM: Inf Plt (Recon) is unable to pick a suitable point inside patrol area defined by Ref. Points: RP-1373 - RP-1374 - RP-1375 - RP-1376

3/12/1990 10:03:10 AM: Inf Plt (Recon) is unable to pick a suitable point inside patrol area defined by Ref. Points: RP-1373 - RP-1374 - RP-1375 - RP-1376

Again, the scenario file and AA Log are attached. If it is a scenario programming issue, I just need to play dumb here and ask what I need to do to fix it - if it is a Build 553 issue, then I leave it in your capable hands. [;)]

Attachments
MedConfli..990_revE.zip
(348.55 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
thewood1

RE: Problem?

Post by thewood1 »

I just took a look at it in the scenario. All the ground units with patrol missions are giving that message. I looked the missions and reference points and at first glance they appear OK. So it might be something has changed in the latest build that has borked the missions.
djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

Yea, the problem is on both computer controlled sides - the NATO jets are also giving the same message.
djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

I am bumping this to see if there is a Dev who can let me know where the breakdown is...

I am running version 1.04 Final

I have made the final edits to my scenario (Med Conflict 90) and now the scenario crashes every time I play it at around the 11:10:16 game time (each time). Something is happening there that causes the whole game to shutdown. It does not give me a bug warning, just goes faint and Windows has to look to see if it can resolve the issue.

I have included my autosave as well as my actual game save a few minutes before it crashes. I do not know if you are able to watch the code as the game progresses to see if something occurs that it does not like, or if you will just see the same thing as me. If the latter, I will go back to the drawing board and maybe do a 100% re-build of the scenario. If the former, hopefully you guys can give me some insight as to what I need to tweak to resolve this.

The good thing is I no longer get the above mentioned error alerts that units cannot find an appropriate place to patrol.

Thanks in advance.

DJ
Attachments
MedConfli..1990DJ.zip
(765.43 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thanks DJ,

Will add your issue to our to-do list. We're now sending Dimitris on a well-deserved holiday and the rest of the dev team is taking a summer break to spend time with wives and kids as well.

Have a long list of things we want to do next including advanced air-to-air AI logics and the advanced strike mission editor. But first we'll rest, clear our seriously overworked heads, and enjoy [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

I understand completely, emsoy! You guys have been going gangbusters since I bought this fine game. Thanks for taking a look when the time comes - and enjoy the time off!
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

DJ

I've logged this for us to look at because you can see the crash. We're on break but will try and figure it out.

I did manage to get the crash to stop by moving the Greek ASW patrol mission to be mostly over water instead of having Crete dead center. Not sure if this is it or part of the circumstances that leads to the issue but it did stop.
djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

Thanks, Mike!

I will do the same at my end and see if I can get rid of it, too. I appreciate the look, guys! Enjoy your time off and we will all sit back and enjoy this new release.

Until next time - thanks!
djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

Hey Mike,

I made the change and the scenario made it past the 11:10:16 mark, but then crashed at the 11:16:05 mark.

Anyway, I will continue to tinker. Might just start over as this scenario has been edited through 5 revisions and it might just have a cluster of now missing parts, or broken events/triggers, etc.

I leave you all be and again I hope you enjoy your break.

djoos5

Post by djoos5 »

I wanted to let the Dev's know that since I updated to 562, my scenario is no longer crashing and/or producing this stream of reports. You guys must have fixed something with this build.

Thanks!!
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Great news. Yeah there's been a bunch of fixes. More to come as well as some big adds.

Mike

Return to “Tech Support”