Purchase list with mod units

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Granfali

Purchase list with mod units

Post by Granfali »

My idea is creating a scenario where every side can purchase their own units.

My mod is running perfectly with a lot of new units. I can design scenarios without problems if I set up units on map. The problem come when I try to design a scenario where players have to purchase units.

I give a point cost to every unit in units.csv (col74) located in mod folder. But when I try to make a purchase list in the editor, no units appear. Then, how can I to create a purchase list with new units (not included in the original game)? [&:]
Granfali

RE: Purchase list with mod units

Post by Granfali »

Toc, toc, toc... anybody of staff out there???
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

I just came across this today, if there's a gap in the unit numbering, the purchase list populating in the editor stops at that gap. Can you check your unit #s for a gap? Or maybe your unit numbers start at 1000 instead of 181, so it never reaches 'em at all. A dumb bug but that should work around it for now if it's the same thing I found.

Also, your side 1 is set to Custom 1, correct? (I assume so, otherwise you would be saying 'why are only German units being shown').
Granfali

Post by Granfali »

Well, I repaired some gaps with copy/paste from \Stalingrad\Units.csv, and others simply copying same units changing IDs (for example, I had a gap between 135 y 137, I copied 135 and I inserted a new row but now with ID136).

All seem work properly now, but I noticed that I can not insert purchase units from ID1 to ID179. If I want to put a cost in PzIIIJ (ID87) I have to copy its row with ID180 and then writing a cost in col74.

I suppose it happens because original Units.csv (\Stalingrad\Units.csv) overwrite the first 179 IDs of my Units.csv mod. But, if I change some value in \Stalingrad\Units.csv I'll have problems with multiplayer games. It is correct?

Thanks for your help Tom. [;)]

Granfali

Post by Granfali »

ORIGINAL: Granfali_
I suppose it happens because original Units.csv (\Stalingrad\Units.csv) overwrite the first 179 IDs of my Units.csv mod. But, if I change some value in \Stalingrad\Units.csv I'll have problems with multiplayer games. It is correct?

Tom?
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Yes, that's correct. I'd recommend just making a second PZIIIJ in your units.csv, just copy the whole stats line, give it a new ID #, and add the cost. Should be pretty transparent to the player.
Granfali

Post by Granfali »

Thank you Tom. [;)]

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”