Extended map

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

mariandavid

Extended map

Post by mariandavid »

Does adding the extended map mod mean that current games crash or are voided?
Ol_Dog

RE: Extended map

Post by Ol_Dog »

You need to start the game with either the stock map or the extended map - can not change maps during the game
Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.
Ol_Dog

Post by Ol_Dog »

And the game (mod) must support the extended map if that is what you want to use
Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Many people set up multiple installs to run either one.

I'm not adept at doing that and recently acquired a laptop that allows me to run stock map games on my desktop and extended map games on the laptop.
Hans

mariandavid

Post by mariandavid »

Thanks all: One more clarification - if I am doing an e-mail game do the two systems have to match by map extension (as well obviously the same update version)?
moore4807

Post by moore4807 »

ORIGINAL: mariandavid

Thanks all: One more clarification - if I am doing an e-mail game do the two systems have to match by map extension (as well obviously the same update version)?

I believe you will get a pwhexe warning box when you load your opponents turn - telling you you are not running the same version. I remember some bases (Abadan?) weren't accessible when that happened.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

What happens, from experience.

Abadan is completley useless, while TF show clicking on them doesnt work.

Aden is somewhat usable, you can form TF and sail out of it but you cant load LCU onto TF, you can fly aircraft out of it to Socotra or Karachi.

I screwed up a save and decide to live with it, probably a bit of a balance against the AI
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”