TF not going to destination hex

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DeltaIV

TF not going to destination hex

Post by DeltaIV »

Hi,

perhaps noobish question, but i didn't encouter this yet. This is turn four or so of Guadalcanal scenario. I've played this scenario several times, but right now i'm having problem. I make few sub patrol TFs at Brisbane and want to set destination hex. Game says that the waypoint is set, but nothing happens. The destination doesn't appears under SET TF DESTINATION button. Same problem with my CV TFs. Cannot send them to Guadalcanal. What is wrong ? Thanks for help.
HansBolter

RE: TF not going to destination hex

Post by HansBolter »

A little unclear on what exactly your problem is.

For the subs, waypoints and patrols are separate and mutually exclusive settings. Choosing waypoints greys out the patrol choice and vice versa.

Also the patrol points are your destination so you can't choose both patrol locations and a destination.

For setting destinations and waypoints I believe you have to set a destination first and then choose the waypoints.

Not sure if this is required, but it is the way I have always done it and have never had a problem.
Hans

DeltaIV

Post by DeltaIV »

Alright to reintepret, i have a CVBG TF. I set destination hex, they have fuel and they're set to remain on station. Their current destination hex is Noumea. I set destination hex to Tulagi. Game says that waypoint is set, yet it remains set to Noumea. Why ?

I'm not playing this scen for first time, yet i can't sucessfuly set the TF destination (and there's no error reported). :-(
DeltaIV

Post by DeltaIV »

Can be ignored now. I restarted the game and it works. [&:]
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

I'm not sure "destinations" work with patrol zones. Also, "remain on station" is if I'm not mistaken inconsistent with "patrol zones". Finally, I have had occasion where the helpful computer took control over subs without my direction..... All things to watch for.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot

I'm not sure "destinations" work with patrol zones. Also, "remain on station" is if I'm not mistaken inconsistent with "patrol zones". Finally, I have had occasion where the helpful computer took control over subs without my direction..... All things to watch for.

That usually happens when you have "Auto Sub Ops" selected. The AI will take control even after you have overridden it and taken manual control. If your games are against the AI you can change those settings mid-game. You can't in PBEM games.
Hans

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”