Between the Storms

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

John 3rd

RE: Between the Storms

Post by John 3rd »

We don't want to get too carried away with changes but I do agree with a Fighter unit at Cebu. We could take a Squadron (oldest or smallest) from Luzon and place it there.

I think the way Langley had been converted is that she became a big tender for Floatplanes. Am I wrong with this view?

I need a plane top for your Sea Gladiator design. You provided a side if I remember right... WILL add an engine for it! Anyone know what engine went with that aircraft?

Still having issues with getting the aircraft into the art files. Who might be able to help with this if I ask real nice? Red Lancer is pretty wrapped up at the moment so he cannot.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

I seem to recall that the device number for Allied engines is 1852. Just stick one in slot#10, and you're flying.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

The question now really settles to what is left for the Treaty Mod? As I see it:

1. Final Dispositions.
2. Air Art Work added to Mod Files.

Remember that this Mod is making SLIGHT changes with Dec 7th, RA stays the same but is upgraded to DB-C, and the BIG new Mod will be Bwtween the Storms mixing the first two scenarios together.

DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Are the stacking limits with these mods?

You could do the oldest fighters for Cebu.
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

DOCUP this was perhaps a year ago that Don mentioned some possible additions to the Australian DD's. I want to say there were old A class. Its been so long I looked at my mod but I am not sure what ships I added to the Australians.

Sorry.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Speaking of RAN buildup, have you considered giving them submarines?
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

Are the stacking limits with these mods?

You could do the oldest fighters for Cebu.

Yes: WE do have stacking limits and I like the oldest in Cebu.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Speaking of RAN buildup, have you considered giving them submarines?

Oldman and Terminius: Additions to the Aussies (DDs and SS) might be pretty interesting and would be appropriate for Between the Storms (BTS). Could see a couople of DDs and some old Brit SS...

Make a serious proposal and we'll talk about it for BTS!

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

In my old mod, I posited that the RAN had expressed interest in reviving its submarine arm in the late 30's. The British transferred a couple of O-class boats (the Oberon and Osiris) to serve as school boats. When war breaks out in Europe, the RN puts a stop to further transfers (they need every boat they have), and the Aussies are in talks with the USN for more possible transfers of S-boats (up to a total of 4-5 boats, including the O-boats) when the Pacific War begins.

You'd need an RAN sub tender as well.
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

I found the ships, they are ship #245 Admiralty S class;

Anzac, Stalwart, Success, Swordsman, Tasmania and Tattoo.

Not sure why they were assigned, but I seem to remember that Don had wrote they were going to be sent to Australia.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Now we have something to talk about.

I had told Michael that I had some 'Modders' regret over adding so much of a French naval presence on Dec 7th in RA. Right now the French Squadron is a CA, CL, 4 DD, and 5 SS. Add to that the normal reinforcements and the French have a WAY BIG contribution compared to IRL.

My thoughts would be for Between the Storms:

1. For a moderate increase of the Aussie and NZ Fleet: Add the two CAVs, a few SS, and the 6 DDs. An AS would certainly be needed as well. Since this is something that was PLANNED it makes more sense then bringing in the French whole hog on Dec 7th.
2. I would still add the French but place a smaller number of ships: 1 CL, 2 DD, and a few SS at Tahiti on Dec 7th. At Panama place the remainder and then they have transit time before arriving in the area.

ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

2. I would still add the French but place a smaller number of ships: 1 CL, 2 DD, and a few SS at Tahiti on Dec 7th. At Panama place the remainder and then they have transit time before arriving in the area.

Maybe move most of the French warships to arrive at end of 42 or 1 Jan 43 after Operation Torch is competed.
[center]Image[/center]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Maybe move most of the French warships to arrive at end of 42 or 1 Jan 43 after Operation Torch is competed.

Makes some sense.

I like the idea of a larger French presence in 1941/1942 but lessening it in 1942 and at start seems better. Maybe we simply have a small French Squadron at Tahiti and let the Allied player decide. We could bring in the CA and another pair of DDs plus 2-3 SS in June or so and then the BIG BOYS arrive at the end of 42/start of 43.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Juan: How are you coming with the off map bases? The info you sent us earlier looks INTERESTING!

Erkki

Post by Erkki »

Those French subs are nasty. 3/42 and they've sunk more ships than US, Brit and even Dutch subs combined. I guess their torps are more effective than the small Dutch ones...
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I hear you Sir. They are NASTY!

This is why I'd like to scale them back to 2-3 and then bring in an equal amount six months later. Give the Allies something useful but not TOO useful immediately.

ERKKI: You are far enough in on your RA campaign, do you have any suggestions/observations that might help or add tot his? Always appreciate a different perspective!

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

With all this Mod work going on I thought it might be good to announce my personal gaming plans coming up.

Currently I have no campaigns running. It is my intention to match-up with my old nemesis Adm. Nelson in playing the Treaty Mod. This match will start as soon as the Mod is complete. Once that is going and we have shifted to fixing up RA and then completing Between the Storms I shall start a second game against the formidable Cribtop. I'll be playing the good guys (Japan) in both matches. Cribtop is going to be playing (as the Japanese) NYGiants as soon as Between the Storms is complete. Once they reach a point where he feels comfortable we'll start our match with him as the Allies.

Both game should be a BUNCH of fun! AARs sure to be occurring.

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Looked up further info on the O-class boats. Apparently two of them, Oxley and Otway, were originally ordered by the RAN, but transferred to the RN when Australia couldn't pay for them. Problem solved.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Deal. Australia starts with those two boats.

The whole S-Boat comment earlier, is there anything to substantiate that?

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

No, that's just something I decided to go with on my own. Australia looked to the US for arms and military support once it became clear that British help was too far away.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”