Awh please tell me Im wrong.

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

wolf14455

Awh please tell me Im wrong.

Post by wolf14455 »

I just bought the Emperor edition and tried some different combats. First 2 quick combats froze after third volley and back on the map its just show the loading icon. By using alt-tab I found the battle screen where the battle was already resolved. After clicking ok I got back to the map and the game continued. The graphic setting was so low that the battle screen was screen apart from the map so when I tried to get info by right clicking in my next turn the info msg was not showing and game seems to be frozen but with the magic alt-tab command I found the info msgbox sitting outside the game. Can I get better graphic solution or what else to get all game windows situated inside my huge widescreen? [;)]
I then tried detailed Bn lvl battle and was very disapointed by the crude unit pics and the UI that show same order for all type of units. Where can I adjust that? my graphic card is fairly new so I hope it can display better than this very low setting. Is there a way to display what enemy units I got in front of my units other than as a combat result info what unit I just pommeled? Tried two detailed battles and one of the battles fall back to map screen where a small text line telling me that my unit in combat was moving. But as I allready tried the alt-tab cmnd on quick battle I tried it here too. And yes the battle was still on and I could continue.

I had so high hopes for this game so please tell me I got it wrong and some settings graphic wize or/and other can remedie this unpreatty and unstable combat side of the game. As I read about both forge of freadom and this game that detailed combat with many historical units was in the game decided to buy them. Cutting in hard on my food budget. Now Im worried these money have been waisted. Please please tell me Im wrong.[:(]
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
wolf14455

RE: Awh please tell me Im wrong.

Post by wolf14455 »

The graphic setting(I hope it is a setting issue)for the detailed battle is beaten by the graphic of Civil war General 2 that I got from GOG. And that game is no spring chicken. [:)]
SwedeWolf

wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Last tech support entry december 18 2013? Ok then I certain that my msg and pleed will be unanswered. Sad, I really thought this gonna be my game to play during the summer. No forum support and still full price?? Come on! [:(]
SwedeWolf

Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Swedewolf,
There is less forum support, but not none. Problems with crashes and the like are handled by the help desk, while most questions about how to do something in the game are answered by other players. I limit myself to the freaky stuff that requires a response from WCS.

In your case, I'll have to ask our programmer, since I do not know the definitive word on this.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Ok thanx. Hopefully he can solve it. Love to start playing the game. cheers
SwedeWolf

wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Yet not playing the game ;)
SwedeWolf

wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

I still waiting. Can I get refund/other game? I dont want this money wasted.
SwedeWolf

Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

You will get a response soon. I apologize that WCS dropped the ball on this, which is largely my fault (which is largely a function of various things that have been sucking up most of my time in recent months, with forum patrols a casualty of this).

I would urge anyone who needs to reach me with a time-sensitive matter, or after a post has gone overlooked, to do what Swedewolf did and message me.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

The game runs in a fixed resolution, 1024 x 768. It is an older game engine.

I'm not sure what's going on with the alt-tab issue you are seeing. Do you have anything that is non-standard in your monitor or graphical configuration?
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Hi Eric
No not really. I run on 1920 1080 native with my nvidea drivers on 60hz refreshrate and My screen is a widescreen called LG. I do run both newer and older games withouth any hickups. And to have look for a ongoing battle like this isnt fun.

added late friday, got 2 machines that I tried this game on. The second is older aprox 4-5 y and same happens there too. Just you know. Have a good weekend. Im guessing even in Canada(you work there right?) your office hours is over.
SwedeWolf

wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Alright, I uninstal and writing of this loss someway. How can you sell this old game for full price is a little..................[:-]
SwedeWolf

altipueri

Post by altipueri »

It works for me on XP Win7 and Win 8.

I don't play much. I bought it too quickly too.

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”