Resolution doesn't change in windowed mode

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.
Flyingkiki

Resolution doesn't change in windowed mode

Post by Flyingkiki »

Hi everyone !
I'm new here, even if I've read a lot of topics on this forum before. I registered to ask for my trouble after having looked aroung on forums and google.
I decided to reinstall my Longest Day game on my new Windows 8 computer, but as for some people here the game doesn't work properly in full screen mode (I have a crushed image and with purlpe/pink colors). I turned on windowed mode, but in my native desktop resolution the game is unplayable : in 1990*1080 the units are too small and the ingame texts too. [:(]
I tried to change the resolution in the options panel, but only the window of the game rescales, not the game itself, so it doesn't put the game bigger.

Do you have any idea how to fix this, or how to force my computer to rescale the game ? Thanks in advance !
SteveMcClaire

RE: Resolution doesn't change in windowed mode

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Windowed mode does indeed only change the size of the window the game runs in. It does not change the Windows desktop resolution -- to do this you'll need to change your Windows display settings.

You can improve visibility of units by turning out the soldier outlines in the game options. Also make sure the unit icons are showing.

Steve
Flyingkiki

Post by Flyingkiki »

Yeah you're absolutely right, I'll change the desktop resolution when I play.
Is there by any chance a patch or a fix for the fullscreen ? Do you know why the game appears in pink/green pixels ?

Thanks a lot for answering my question ! :)
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The problem is that Windows 8 does not properly support DirectX full screen mode using 16-bit color, which is what the older CC games use. The only solution at present is to use Windowed mode. Sorry.

Steve
Flyingkiki

Post by Flyingkiki »

Thanks a lot for answering my questions in detail, that's very appreciated !
I love the CC serie, thanks for your work to make it going on !

Return to “Tech Support”