Platform suggestions and some database errors

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ccruler

Platform suggestions and some database errors

Post by ccruler »

This is by no means my entire list as I plan to steadily add some as comments to this thread.

Database errors/various other errors:

CWDB Canada: Arrow Mk.2 = Arrow Mk.2 should be powered by the Orenda Iroquois engine, only the 5 Mk.1s were powered with the American-made P & W J75s
CWDB United States: YF-12A = range seems to be quite low considering the platform it's based off of. This aircraft hits bingo fuel too late like the XF-108 below and crashes about 70nm away from base.
CWDB United States: XF-108 Rapier = hits bingo fuel far too late. If you go on a straight run until bingo fuel, aircraft runs out of fuel some 100nm or more away from base.

Suggested new Database entries:

CWDB Canada: Arrow Mk.1 = already exists as the "Arrow Mk.2" in the current database.
CWDB Soviet Union: La-15 Fantail = was introduced in 1949 and retired in 1953 with some 235 produced.
CWDB Soviet Union: Yak-17 Feather = an improvement based on the Yak-15 introduced in 1948 and retired in the early 1960s with some 430 produced. Also served in the Polish, Romanian, and PLA Airforces.
CWDB Soviet Union: Yak-23 Flora = a further development of the Yak-15/Yak-17 introduced in 1949 and retired in 1951 (retired in 1956 in the Polish Airforce) with 310 produced. Was utilised by the Soviet, Polish and Romanian Airforces.
CWDB Soviet Union: Yak-27 Flashlight-C = 3 different entries, the Yak-27 with is only cannon armed. Yak-27K which was missile armed and Yak-27R which was a tactical reconnaissance aircraft. Only the reconnaissance version was actually put into service and served from 1960 into the late 1970s.
CWDB Soviet Union: Be-10 Mallow = Flying boat.
CWDB Soviet Union: M-50 Bounder = Supersonic bomber design. 2 prototypes built.
DB3000 India: Tejas Mk.2 = currently in development
DB3000 India: Tejas Mk.3 = currently in development. Is a semi-stealthy design utilising a significant amount of composite materials.
DB3000 India: FGFA = Indian version of the PAK-FA
DB3000 India: AMCA = stealthy multi-role combat aircraft that is in the beginning stages of development.
DB3000 Russia: MiG/Sukhoi Skat = UCAV design heavily resembling the American X-45
DB3000 Russia: Mi-28 Havoc = several entries, Mi-28A, Mi-28N, Mi-28D and Mi-28NM
DB3000 United States: AH-64F Apache = significantly re-designed AH-64 with retractable landing gear and other features.
DB3000 United States: MH-60 "Stealth Hawk" = (Stealth Hawk is not an official name but from the crashed aircraft it was determined that they are heavily modified MH-60s) 2 were reported to have been used in Operation Neptune Spear in 2011.

Also, I do welcome anyone adding to this list. This initial list was devised just by a quick glance in the database.

Edit 1: mistakenly wrote Yak-19 when meant Yak-23
Edit 2: added YF-12A and XF-108 Rapier into the errors section.
ComDev

RE: Platform suggestions and some database errors

Post by ComDev »

Thanks CC [8D]

Would be great if you could post up more details on these.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
ccruler

Post by ccruler »

would posting the various wikipedia links be acceptable emsoy as it would involve alot of typing otherwise?

Edit 1: I did attempt to post links but since I've only recently started posting in the forums (I had been reading for some time before however) so it is currently not allowing me to post links. I will continue adding platforms to my original post and once I am permitted to place links I will update it with links.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I would be very skeptical of this one...

"DB3000 India: AMCA = stealthy multi-role combat aircraft that is in the beginning stages of development"

India has a pretty poor record of getting beyond prototype in modern and sophisticated weapon systems.

Could I also suggest putting this in the thread dedicated to adding entries.
ccruler

Post by ccruler »

I would have put it in the new entries thread if it weren't the fact that I'm trying to cover errors I find with aircraft as well. I figured it was best to consolidate it in an easy to see list that I can update. That and it would also force me to separate the suggestions as there is a thread for the CWDB and one for DB3000.
.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

All CWDB Entries noted
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

There is a reason there are separate threads. There are different people maintaining them. You could have at least put it in that section. If all database requests ended up in the main forum, it would be very difficult to keep this one organized.
ccruler

Post by ccruler »

I have copied the list accordingly to the two threads (CWDB in that thread, and DB3000 in the other thread) I plan on still keeping this list maintained as this will be my master list letting me know what I've posted
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks!

Mike

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”