Updated Graphics

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

cpdeyoung

RE: Updated Graphics (and more!)

Post by cpdeyoung »

Very attractive map, and counters.

The starting forces for Imperial Tokyo are German.

Chuck
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I'm not seeing this. Which AT2 file did you base your game on?
ORIGINAL: cpdeyoung

The starting forces for Imperial Tokyo are German.

Chuck
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

\4aSeasons-NewDawn-Divisions-v1.0.at2

The production is Japanese, as it should be, but the original troops are German. I started "single town".

Chuck
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I've ran several tests and can't duplicate your issue. Are you perhaps just confusing some of the German looking graphics used in Ormand's mod in a standard fashion for all regimes?

\4aSeasons-NewDawn-Divisions-v1.0.at2

The production is Japanese, as it should be, but the original troops are German. I started "single town".

Chuck
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Sorry for the delay. I tried to work on it yesterday, but this has been a hard week, and I was too exhausted to complete it. Editing the texts for research was pretty tedious, but it served the purpose of finding a few mistakes in the sft-types. I should say more than a few. Some were minor, and some were major like cavalry, where the later sfts didn't upgraded data. I think this is mostly fixed. The main change that will be different is that I changed the weight of artillery and heavy artillery from 2,4 to 1,2 (so you will need fewer trucks, which has a carry capacity of 2)

I uploaded a new atzip file, with updated at2 files.

I was trying see where the issue with the wrong picture came up, and this happened in the original version of divisions, because I removed several sft-types, which caused the peoples list to get shifted. I'll try to reproduce.

One note that wasn't obvious before, I turned counter-battery fire on, so if you bombard a hex with artillery, you will likely see fire coming back, and losses.

In this file I also included some files for mod folder to "auto-load" the mod.

One persistent issue that can't find out how to fix is the unit names for the regiments file. The ATG default seems to be division for units and HQ for headquarters. I have only been able to change this by editing the game after it is made.

I also made a v1.0 and v2.0 file for both regiments and divisions. Version 1 is the same with tweaks. V2.0 is an attempt to encourage combined arms some. I made use of the "prevent hit" feature in the sft by having Rifle/SMG/Ranger units have a chance to prevent hits on armor by infantry and anti-tank units. It starts at 5% at level I and increases to 20% at level III. I did something similar for fighters to provide protection to divebombers and levelbombers. Lastly, in the divisions file I increased the cost of armor by 25% but gave them 2 attacks, instead of just one. I also gave AT-guns two attacks. The idea was that since tanks should be mixed with infantry, there will be less of them, so maybe they should be a bit stronger.

As a final reminder, note that tanks can't carry infantry (except assault guns), so you need to mobolize them yourself. Halftracks are good for this as they also protect, and fight more or less like an infantry unit.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

@Webizen,

No the ppl is German, and they have a separate slot from the Japanese sft in a division.

@Ormand

Photo for flak is sidecar motorcycles. Amphibious assault Theory shows a mountain infantry photo.

Attachments
MissingFile.jpg
MissingFile.jpg (21.66 KiB) Viewed 118 times
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

@cpdeyoung:

Thanks. I fixed the amphibious assault theory picture. Also, I fixed the over-color for fighters (I switched the picture and forgot to turn of the regime over color).

Your error. Odd, that should be part of the distribution and in the sft-picture directory. Did you download from webizen's link, or the AT site?

On the light flak picture. It was hard to find a good light flak picture, so this one may not be optimal, especially shrunk down. But, it is indeed a towed flak 38 - 20mm gun (as in Saving Private Ryan). It is actually being pushed by one of the men, and the other standing and looking out with binoculars. There are leaves on the gun for camouflage. This is the original (I believe this is the same gun as on the wikipedia page, but a different shot).

Attachments
Flak3820mm.jpg
Flak3820mm.jpg (48.95 KiB) Viewed 118 times
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

My apologies, that is a great picture for light flak.

I got your distribution in a couple of ways, but Webizen's installer was the last way I did it.

I am having a good time with your mod in a random game. Some interesting differences from other variants, and fun. My LT4 (Light Tank IV) are not as potent as in other scenarios. It seems that even small units have enough power to make a difference.

Thanks for all your work!

Chuck
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Nothing to apologize for, you're right it does kind of look like a motorcycle and sidecar. The reductions to 192x144 and cartoonization doesn't help. It was the best I could find (the guy eating the apple on the wikipedia page turned me off from trying that one). One thing I like is the spare barrel (OK and the tarp and the leaves). Finding good pictures is not that easy. I wanted to try use ones that weren't copyrighted. There are lots of pictures of equipment, etc taken later, but I thought that authentic WWII photos would be best. Ok, the mountain troops and marines are not. And, I'll have to look harder.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Update to the latest files and see if you still have either issue. See my above updated post with links.

@Webizen,

No the ppl is German, and they have a separate slot from the Japanese sft in a division.

@Ormand

Photo for flak is sidecar motorcycles. Amphibious assault Theory shows a mountain infantry photo.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Even after running your atzip as downloaded I get the missing file question. At some point I will start a new scenario, and see how it plays.

Chuck
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Note: updated November 9, 2014 to use Ormands latest graphics files

http://rtworks.org/GameStuff/4SeasonsGraphics.atzip <-- you downloaded and installed this file? The file you are missing is there. Have you looked in that folder to verify? Not sure what the purpose of that file is as it is blank but nevertheless it is in that atzip file.

Even after running your atzip as downloaded I get the missing file question. At some point I will start a new scenario, and see how it plays.

Chuck
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Ok, I saved my current game.

I started ATG, saw the 5 choice menu for the very first time. Went by the blank error. Loaded your package. Restarted ATG, picked choice 2, and no missing blank.

Thanks for your persistence.

Chuck
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Another screenshot from a random game I started with Ormand's latest Divisions at2 file (with my modifications):

Attachments
20140705_194329.jpg
20140705_194329.jpg (416.94 KiB) Viewed 118 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Why would you mix horses and trucks in the same unit?
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I didn't, the AI is Burgundy but one reason might be to conserve oil yet still have a more mobile unit. Besides, this is early in the game and the at start garrison units each have 2 horses in them.
ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Why would you mix horses and trucks in the same unit?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Can heavy artillery be mobilized with halftracks as prime movers? I have a unit with 4 HART1 and 24 HT and it moves as Artil, with a movement of two hexes. It says the weight is four, but even 24 HT don't move it.

Chuck
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

When I try to upgrade SP Artillery from II to III the points are expended, but the upgrade does not happen. You can do this multiple times, but no SP ART III are produced.

Chuck
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

When you go to OOB and click on auto-upgrade it says "14 upgrades in 2 units", for example, but if you click again it gives the same message, and I am not sure it really upgraded anything.

Chuck
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Please state which at2 file you used and whether it is the latest version or an earlier one. Ormand has rapidly fixed up things and has published 2 or 3 updates so he needs to know these things.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”