What if US Lost the Rev War?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

decaro

What if US Lost the Rev War?

Post by decaro »

"The Fourth of July—a time we Americans set aside to celebrate our independence and mark the war we waged to achieve it, along with the battles that followed. There was the War of 1812, the War of 1833, the First Ohio-Virginia War, the Three States' War, the First Black Insurrection, the Great War, the Second Black Insurrection, the Atlantic War, the Florida Intervention.

"Confused? These are actually conflicts invented for the novel The Disunited States of America by Harry Turtledove, a prolific (and sometimes-pseudonymous) author of alternate histories with a Ph.D. in Byzantine history. The book is set in the 2090s in an alternate United States that is far from united. In fact, the states, having failed to ratify a constitution following the American Revolution, are separate countries that oscillate between cooperating and warring with one another, as in Europe ..."

http://www.theatlantic.com/internationa ... ar/373964/
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
wings7

RE: What if US Lost the Rev War?

Post by wings7 »

Joe, well written and interesting perspective! Thanks for sharing! [:)]

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
jday305

RE: What if US Lost the Rev War?

Post by jday305 »

Harry Turtledove is an alternate history writer who has done several different type of series of books of "what if....". As one of my favorite authors, the book 'The Disunited States of America' is definetely one I would suggest to those who like alternate history. To those who are civil war buffs, he has a 12 book series of what if the North lost the civil war and how it effects not only North America but the world for the next 100 years. If you like to lose yourself in a good story, then his books are worth checking out if you haven't already.
RebelYell

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

Return to “General Discussion”