Offmap movements

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

PetrOs

Offmap movements

Post by PetrOs »

Just a small question - the merchant ships moving off map does not seem to consume the fuel. Is that also true for full speed runs? Meaning, can I hurry my troop and plane transports from eastern USA to Cape town without risking the ships gone dead somewhere? Would the damage also accumulate?
ny59giants

RE: Offmap movements

Post by ny59giants »

I run mine FULL speed from off map base to off map base all the time without any fuel being used, nor any system damage happening. [8D]
[center]Image[/center]
PetrOs

Post by PetrOs »

That sounds great!
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I run mine FULL speed from off map base to off map base all the time without any fuel being used, nor any system damage happening. [8D]

Yes, but does the speed increase actually shorten the time or is the number of days fixed?

Transfers of LCUs require no transports as the transports already allocated to that theater are presumed to be used for this transport effort so no adjustment in speed is possible and the transfer times are fixed.

Is anyone certain the transfer times for TFs are not fixed as well?
Hans

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Full is faster. To confirm, take a TF already in transit between, say, EC and CT which is at Mission speed. Shift it to Full. The days-to-port read-out changes. I just looked at one of mine. 10 kt. xAKLs. At Cruise and Mission they're 24 days out of CT. At Full they're 16 days.
The Moose
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

The Bull is no bull... it is a lot faster, can shave off days.... but in truth it is also somewhat of a gamie in that it uses a loop hole in the play system.
PetrOs

Post by PetrOs »

I experimented with this a bit, and got to the following result
setting full accelerates most convoys there.
10 knots AKLs go faster, 14-16 knotters go faster, 17 knotters go faster. 12/13 knotters dont notice that - as they apparently have same hexes value for full and cruise..

Its a bit silly about 12/13 knotters, as most transports early on there are those Isthmians/Hog Islanders/Harrimans/Southwests, which are exactly this kind.
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

Ships moving off map do not consume fuel because the various offmap fueling facilities are not emulated. Also there is no process for handling out-of-fuel ships off map.

Run them at faster speeds off map and you will get increased damage.
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

Major probs occur when you full-speed a TransTF from EC to CT w/ remain on station/do not unload orders.

When this convoy arrives at CT, it's best that you remember to change it to mission/cruise speed before sending it to an on-map location. Elsewise, it burns all its fuel & ends up derelict in the Indian Ocean, w/ high sys-damage .
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Make sure there is enough endurance for a cruise journey. Split ships with different endurance into their own TF's, especially if it doesn't have enough coupon endurance
Andy M

Return to “The War Room”