FIGHTING SEVERAL AREAS AWAY AGAIN AFTER BATTLE

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

HudsonGame

FIGHTING SEVERAL AREAS AWAY AGAIN AFTER BATTLE

Post by HudsonGame »

I Must start by saying that overall I do like this game. That being said, I have found an odd thing that has happened more than once. The last instance was where, as playing the South, I had a large Battle at Manassas and won against a single Union Corps. Before the turn was over Lee seems to have moved on to Alexandria and attacked the entire Union army (about 55,000 to 150,000). I did not order this. Doing this was insane. Is that supposed to happen? Was Lee pursing the defeated Union Corps to Alexandria? I would like to make sense of this before continuing on with the current game (January 1864).
vonRocko

RE: FIGHTING SEVERAL AREAS AWAY AGAIN AFTER BATTLE

Post by vonRocko »

I hope you get an answer, I've seen things like this many times and I never understood why. Another question I have is why sometimes I win a big battle,but my army retreats! I don't think any one really knows.
Ace1_slith

Post by Ace1_slith »

Hi guys, it's been some time since I posted here.

There is difference if you drag and drop Lee on region (Manassas), or on an enemy stack. If you drag and drop him on enemy stack, he will actively pursue that stack all over the map until he catches him, or until enemy escapes into fog of war.
When you drop him on the enemy, next to stack name, it will say targeting xxx Union unit.

Winning a battle and retreating - the game determines whether you won or lost not on who holds the ground, but on the fact who performed better. It happens when you did better, but your generals still decided the enemy is too strong and retreated after the battle...
HudsonGame

Post by HudsonGame »

ORIGINAL: Ace1

Hi guys, it's been some time since I posted here.

There is difference if you drag and drop Lee on region (Manassas), or on an enemy stack. If you drag and drop him on enemy stack, he will actively pursue that stack all over the map until he catches him, or until enemy escapes into fog of war.
When you drop him on the enemy, next to stack name, it will say targeting xxx Union unit.

Winning a battle and retreating - the game determines whether you won or lost not on who holds the ground, but on the fact who performed better. It happens when you did better, but your generals still decided the enemy is too strong and retreated after the battle...

Thanks for the information. I have put my game on hold until I found out what was going on. I assumed Lee followed that corps on to Alexandria and the entire Union army. I did not know why. Again, thanks much.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Yes Thanks Ace. I forgot all about that.

Return to “Civil War II”