Recce Mission Overlay/History?

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

Geredis

Recce Mission Overlay/History?

Post by Geredis »

Quick question:

The game currently has plenty of overlays, for things like airfields being used, targets hit, countless target filters, and things of that sort. However, one thing I noticed is missing, and quite egregiously if you ask me, is the lack of a Recon Filter that, like the Damage Filters, colors targets in accordance with their last photo-recon flight. Failing a (hidden) overlay for this...is there any way to get a list of Reconnaissance (or other) missions that have happened in the past to ensure that targets are getting adequate photo-recon passes?
Arkham

RE: Recce Mission Overlay/History?

Post by Arkham »

On the planning screen, right above the toggle for airfields is a circle with a R in the middle. That toggles the past three days recon.

[edit] Anything older than 3 days is considered out of date and should be reran. I also typically run a recon at 6 AM to whatever targets i'm going for that day, then send the bombers out at 10ish, then another recon about 30 minutes after the bombers strike the targets.
Geredis

Post by Geredis »

Much appreciated. Somehow I missed the Damage And Photo option in the list. As for 3 days being old...Guess I'll have to really step up my recon flights significantly, maybe even make a couple of conversions once I get my Frenchmen and RAF guys out of those Bostons and Baltimores...those things are death traps! 45 of a 70 plane raid on the Flensburg Uboat facilities go down near Helgoland. But enough of that.

In a somewhat unrelated note, but to avoid cluttering the board, when sorting by losses in the Action Report during the intel phase, I noticed that the f/loss, b/loss, and i/loss don't seem to sync up with the Campaign Summary numbers. Is this because in the Action Report reports for Losses include Damaged Aircraft as well? If so, it would make sense, but I was curious. Also, asterisks next to targets during the Reaction/Replay phases simply denote that a message is being repeated, correct?

So if I see (to paraphrase a log):
Typhoon Destroys Targets at Airfield:
1xFlak 88
1xFlak 88 *
1xFlak 88 **

That means my planes made 3 distinct attacks, each time destroying one flak cannon, for a total of 3 fewer flak guns, or do those asterisks imply something else?
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Geredis,

The Bostons out of England should only be hitting coastal targets in the Nederlands, Belgium and France, they should not be used as replacements for B17 & B24.

Likewise, the Baltimore & Bostons should be hitting only frontline or adjaecent targets in Italy.

Each aircraft type, even the P39Q or Hurricane IV, has a use, you do a lot of experimenting to find what it is, and if misused will see very heavy losses occur.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Arkham

Post by Arkham »

What good is the p39?
warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

On a good day with a tailwind it can bomb the end of its runway.
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
Arkham

Post by Arkham »

Side question. How accurate are the campaign summary reports? If on a given day i see that 30 luft pilots were KIA, is that accurate or is it subject to fog of war and is lower than what was reported?
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

ORIGINAL: Arkham

What good is the p39?
It can carry a 500lb bomb like most Allied Fighters, its not a world beater but in the early days is as good as a Spit V.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”