[FIXED B732] Build 553 Aircraft flying to unassigned mission before going to assigned mission

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Rangoon

[FIXED B732] Build 553 Aircraft flying to unassigned mission before going to assigned mission

Post by Rangoon »

I have seen several aircraft and/or flights do this now. I have them assigned to one mission, then I unassign them from that mission (U). I plot a course (F3) toward another mission area, and assign them to that new mission. As soon as I delete their plotted course, or if they complete the course on their own, they have to fly back to the first mission area before they will then fly to the new mission area. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in 553?

EDIT: I also just tried deleting the mission from the editor, and the reference point it was attached to. The aircraft still insist on flying back to that reference point (it's much further away from the point of origin than the actual assigned mission, for what it's worth) before going where assigned.
mikmykWS

RE: Build 553 Aircraft flying to unassigned mission before going to assigned mission

Post by mikmykWS »

Sorry for the annoyance, we'll definitely take a look. Logged to be looked at!

Mike
Rangoon

RE: Build 553 Aircraft flying to unassigned mission before going to assigned mission

Post by Rangoon »

I might have another detail of interest. I noticed that if I assign aircraft to a support mission which is NOT employing the 1/3 rule and which has only ONE reference point, once the aircraft arrive at that reference point and begin to orbit, the mission editor no longer lists said aircraft as belonging to the mission. I know that was the case with my initial issue, so perhaps related. When I assign aircraft to a suuport mission using more than one reference point (well, only tested with four reference points), then they remain listed in the mission participants upon arriving at the first reference point, and remain that way after the last.

Support missions which have one RP and which have the 1/3 rule set, for what it's worth, do still list all aircraft as mission participants (even the one that has arrived at the single RP).

EDIT: and when I have four RPs in the first mission, then send them onto the second mission (after unassigning first just for good luck), they insist on hitting one more waypoint/RP in the first mission before proceeding.

EDIT: I also just saw one flight go half-way to the second mission start RP, only to turn back and suddenly have a need to hit a RP from the first mission. Out of seven or eight flights undergoing the same basic procedure of moving from one support mission to another, only this one flight exhibited that behavior. The rest got it out of their system right away, then moved on. This one went half-way and turned back. I forced it to keep up with a plotted course.

Return to “Tech Support”