Fury

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Jeffrey H.

RE: Fury

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
ORIGINAL: Mobius

To the movie. How is Hollywood going to shoehorn stories about modern women and teenagers into a movie about WWII tanks warfare?
Wife & children hoping for soldier's safe return. Wait, why did you say modern women?

Because it's Hollywood, they can't help themselves.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Even as early at November 1944 Eisenhower was sending out orders for rear area commanders to comb their commands for rear area personal and send them forward. New infantry replacements could not keep up with casualties.

And as others said in 1942 about 45% of those who tried to enter the service or were drafted were declared unfit. By January 1945 that was down to about 20%
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

Do you think this movie being green lit has anything to do with the popularity of the game World of Tanks?
Hard-core Spectre
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: Kanov
Do you think this movie being green lit has anything to do with the popularity of the game World of Tanks?
Those WOT boys have a lot of $$$ to throw around. I can believe somebody from Hollywood sold them a bill of goods.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

This movie also looks interesting because it is the first time a major movie will have an actual Tiger I tank in it. (They borrowed the world's only working model, turret number 131, from the Bovington Tank Museum.) I have "The Battle of the Bulge" on Blue-Ray, and it does bother me that the "German" tanks in the combat scenes are clearly American models.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Citizen Emperor

Post by Citizen Emperor »

I have "The Battle of the Bulge" on Blu-Ray, and it does bother me that the "German" tanks in the combat scenes are clearly American models.
I have the movie as well... and it bothers me a lot more that virtually nothing in it actually relates to the real Battle of the Bulge.

(How about that big tank battle near the movie's end, fought on the dusty, dun-colored, tree-less plains of Belgium... One almost expects Robert Shaw's panzer commander character to yell out, "Which way to Prokhorovka???")
"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon."
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: Citizen Emperor
I have "The Battle of the Bulge" on Blu-Ray, and it does bother me that the "German" tanks in the combat scenes are clearly American models.
I have the movie as well... and it bothers me a lot more that virtually nothing in it actually relates to the real Battle of the Bulge.

(How bought that big tank battle near the movie's end, fought on the dusty, dun-colored, tree-less plains of Belgium... One almost expects Robert Shaw's panzer commander character to yell out, "Which way to Prokhorovka???")

I agree, it is a Fantasy war movie! The best part was the Panzer Truppen singing!!
Tony
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock
I have "The Battle of the Bulge" on Blue-Ray

Why?

That was such an awful movie from stem to stern-why would you *buy* it on Blu-Ray? [&:]
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

That was such an awful movie from stem to stern-why would you *buy* it on Blu-Ray?

Mea Culpa. I found it at a seriously cheap price at a time when I was looking to expand my Blue-Ray collection. (Also, it's interesting to note the sections of the movie clearly filmed for "Cinerama" impact, just as some modern scenes are filmed with 3-D in mind.)
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Have you ever participated in an event where part of the fun is to watch a crappy movie and possibly say something silly about it while watching? Would Battle of the Bulge qualify there?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
gexmex

Post by gexmex »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Have you ever participated in an event where part of the fun is to watch a crappy movie and possibly say something silly about it while watching? Would Battle of the Bulge qualify there?

Rifftrax! Mystery Science Theater 3000!

Return to “General Discussion”