Curse You Red Baron, or whatever

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Akmatov

Curse You Red Baron, or whatever

Post by Akmatov »

Just bought the damn thing. Most expensive piece of 'entertainment' software I've ever bought, by far! But as a long time putzer with Harpoon how could I resist? Resistance was futile!

Honestly, I really like the format of the classic Harpoon, but the maze of different battle sets is a major pain and Harpoon 3 never achieved lift off for me. CMANO combines a timeline from 1950 - 2014+ with easy access to the whole world in one package, thus obviating the classic Harpoon dance among differing battle sets.

Just hoping the scenario editor is going to be easy so I can set up some simple learning scenarios - simple scenarios for simple minds. [:)]

There really needs to be something equivalent to the old Harpoon Battle Book to educate newbies if this is to be more than a sub-niche product of niche products accessible only to a very few - which would be fine with me as long as there are enough sales to feed the wonderful (diabolical?) people who are producing this.

Gunner98

RE: Curse You Red Baron, or whatever

Post by Gunner98 »

If you have worked with Harpoon editor - this one is a dream!

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
Sakai007

Post by Sakai007 »

I had tried and failed to use the Harpoon editor. Day one with CMANO and I was designing simple scenarios that worked as I designed them to.
When in Doubt, Charlie out!!
NakedWeasel

Post by NakedWeasel »

Welcome aboard, Akmatov. You'll find a lot of us 'Pooners here. It should probably be stated (and one of the reasons I bought this game,) that the designer of the DB3K, Ragnar Emsoy, and a guy that I worked with on Harpoon DB design is also one of the Developers. The Scenario Editor reminds me a lot of Harpoon Classic, and I had no problem with it. The Event Editor can be a bit daunting at first, but it's not too hard to figure out with some practice.
Though surrounded by a great number of enemies
View them as a single foe
And so fight on!
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi Akmatov

Thanks for buying the game. Hope you have fun with it!

Mike
Coiler12

Post by Coiler12 »

ORIGINAL: Akmatov
Just hoping the scenario editor is going to be easy so I can set up some simple learning scenarios - simple scenarios for simple minds. [:)]

The editor itself is very easy-so easy that most of my Command playing is just me goofing around with it.

The event editor is a little harder, but as long as you remember to add triggers first and then actions, it's pretty simple as well when you figure out all the steps. And I like that you're going simple with your first scenarios-one should not get overambitious.
AlmightyTallest

Post by AlmightyTallest »

Welcome to the forums Akmatov.

Basically my experience is the same as Coiler12's. The editor is so easy to use, with so many possibilities so it's a lot of fun to just pit your favorite units against each other and see how it works out.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”