Overseas supply question

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

tacfire

Overseas supply question

Post by tacfire »

In the attached image, why is the German unit in Toulon, France out of supply? Can't he receive overseas supply from Genoa, Italy?
There is an Italian naval unit in the Western Med Sea.

I am playing with game version 1.2.0.3. Limited overseas supply optional rule is OFF.
Germany and Italy are at war with the Commonwealth and France.

Is the problem something to do with the Netherlands ship in the Western Med Sea?
Germany already conquered the Netherlands, the Commonwealth controls that ship.

Attachments
Toulon_OOS.jpg
Toulon_OOS.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 160 times
Ur_Vile_WEdge

RE: Overseas supply question

Post by Ur_Vile_WEdge »

Looks like a bug. However, if I'm reading this right, the Italian mot division is in supply, ad he's tracing along basically the same path. At a guess, the program isn't handling co-operation right, and not letting the German unit trace suply to an Italian city, (even though it should), and not the overseas tracing rules.
"When beset by danger,
When in deadly doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout."
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Multiple states of war?

Are Italy and Germany ata war with both CW and France? If not, there may be complicated situations on wether the italian supply passes ... Maybe, I have always problems with M S of W.
tacfire

Post by tacfire »

Like I said above: both Italy and Germany are at war with both Commowealth and France, and vice versa.
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: tacfire

Like I said above: both Italy and Germany are at war with both Commowealth and France, and vice versa.

We have found a similar bug. Steve is already looking at it.
Omnius

Post by Omnius »

Is this like the supply problem in China near Nanchang? Can you solve the problem by restoring the game the way you could for the China supply problem for Japan?
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: Omnius

Is this like the supply problem in China near Nanchang? Can you solve the problem by restoring the game the way you could for the China supply problem for Japan?

Alas not
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

oops![:o]
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

How did the Italian 1-4 division get into Marseille?

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
Ur_Vile_WEdge

Post by Ur_Vile_WEdge »

Walked, I assume. There don't seem to be any French forces in the area, so just go along the coast.
"When beset by danger,
When in deadly doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout."
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

If the Italian 1-4 division invaded from the CL Attendolo into Marseille it would be in supply as shown.

Using Limited overseas supply and there are no AMPH, CP, or TRANS in the adjacent sea zome the Germans cannot be supplied using overseas supply.

Genoa is 4 hexes away and since the German LXXXI 4-1 is tracing supply directly to a primary source of supply durring rain it has 2 hexes to trace a supply path.

The German is therefore out of supply.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
tacfire

Post by tacfire »

Extraneous. as I said in the original post. I am not playing with the Limited Overseas Supply option. It is turned off.
The presence of the italian cruiser in the Western Med should be enough to allow overseas supply.

P.S. Both the land units marched over there overland from Italy. There was a big fight in the south of France and all the French units down there were eliminated. Most of the axis army already evacuated southern France, and those units are just leftover as garisons.

I have the saved game file if needed.
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

I am playing with game version 1.2.0.3. Limited overseas supply optional rule is OFF.

The German unit should be in supply.
Italian Ship in 4 box is holding the supply route open for any axis units tracing through the Western Med.

It needs to be fixed as this is a serious bug as it pertains to supply.
“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

yes - it needs to be fixed. Steve already acknowledged this bug when Centuur found it, we are waiting for the fix.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

It was noticed by me when doing the AAR (which is on hold, waiting for this fix)...
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Extraneous. as I said in the original post. I am not playing with the Limited Overseas Supply option. It is turned off.
The presence of the italian cruiser in the Western Med should be enough to allow overseas supply.

P.S. Both the land units marched over there overland from Italy. There was a big fight in the south of France and all the French units down there were eliminated. Most of the axis army already evacuated southern France, and those units are just leftover as garisons.

I have the saved game file if needed.
I would like to have your saved game for testing purposes - if you still have it.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Steve: you can find it here:

tm.asp?m=3647459&mpage=1&#3647459
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Centuur