Question on Paradrops

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Rick5287

Question on Paradrops

Post by Rick5287 »

Tried looking for an answer in the rules but not finding it.

Q: Can the air transports of one major power be used to paradrop airborne units of an other major power?
EX: An Italian air transport (range 9) is based at Copenhagen. In the same hex is a German 5-3 Airborne Corps.
Both countries delare war on Norway at the beginning of the phase. Come thee airborne phase, the Italian air
transport loads the German airborne unit and flies to Oslo (8 hexes away). I have done this exact move several
times. Frankly it is better to build the Italian air transports just because of the better range. This trick
can be used to capture Greece in one turn if the Greek commander does not leave something in Athens (Air transport
flying from Taranto)
michaelbaldur

RE: Question on Paradrops

Post by michaelbaldur »

ORIGINAL: Rick5287

Tried looking for an answer in the rules but not finding it.

Q: Can the air transports of one major power be used to paradrop airborne units of an other major power?
EX: An Italian air transport (range 9) is based at Copenhagen. In the same hex is a German 5-3 Airborne Corps.
Both countries delare war on Norway at the beginning of the phase. Come thee airborne phase, the Italian air
transport loads the German airborne unit and flies to Oslo (8 hexes away). I have done this exact move several
times. Frankly it is better to build the Italian air transports just because of the better range. This trick
can be used to capture Greece in one turn if the Greek commander does not leave something in Athens (Air transport
flying from Taranto)

yes if they cooperate and have action limits
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
Rick5287

Post by Rick5287 »

THANK YOU!!!
Viktor_Kormel_slith

Post by Viktor_Kormel_slith »

In fact, it´s a good strategy use the italian air transports with german paratroopers because they are better than germans transports and for save german air missions![;)]
Sorry, for my bad english! "Wiffing" since 1990 to the tomb!

Return to “Tech Support”