Ships and bases window

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

aZmoDen

Ships and bases window

Post by aZmoDen »

I think this window needs a new sort column, Mk level.
Its frustrating, trying to find the last few ships or the last few mining / gas stations that need to be retrofitted to the latest version.
Sorting by this column would make life infinitely easier.
Doesnt even need to mean a increase in window size, you could swap it for speed or firepower.
What does everyone else think?
Bingeling

RE: Ships and bases window

Post by Bingeling »

Removing firepower would be a very bad move. I find the "stragglers" by sorting by firepower or maintenance.
Bigtouf

Post by Bigtouf »

I've not make the test but maybe you can :
- Filter to military ship
- Click on column Maintenance (min to max)
- Then click on column Ship Type

If there is a double sorting, you may find ship of a specific type with lower(or different) maintenance cost in the first line.
If maintenance cost is different, it's because the ship has'nt been retrofited !

Another solution, otherwise add a new column, maybe a new filter in Ship list can be added :
- "Not latest design ships"
aZmoDen

Post by aZmoDen »

hmmm good suggestions ill give them a try, thanks peoples :)
necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

Why can't you just select them all and retrofit, only the ones that are not up to date will actually retrofit.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”