Attacking HQ's supply?

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

gingerbread

Attacking HQ's supply?

Post by gingerbread »

If an HQ is attacked, either regular land or other, is supply stock attacked as well? Those above regular carrying capacity?
Tac2i

RE: Attacking HQ's supply?

Post by Tac2i »

You would think as long as I've played this game I'd know the answer to this question. I didn't and so I ran some tests.

Test 1: created a 10 staff HQ and gave it 120 supply. So long as it was at 100% readiness it consumed 10 supply per turn. I then shelled with 4 tubes of standard artillery. 4 staff we killed and the unit readiness dropped significantly. It had only 57 supply remaining after the attack. The following turn it consumed 15 supply (units request/use more supply to recover readiness). It continued to consumed 15 supply until readiness reached 100%. At 100% readiness it consumed 6 supply per turn.

Test 2: created a 20 staff HQ and gave it 200 supply. Shelled it with 4 tubes of artillery. 9 staff killed and supply dropped to 83. The test 1 pattern repeated itself.

Test 3: created a 20 staff HQ and gave it 1000 supply. Shelled it with 4 tubes of artillery. 10 staff killed and supply dropped to 476. The test 1 pattern repeated itself.

These tests seem to show that attacking an HQ does destroy supply stock. The HQ in my test was in clear terrain and unattached to another HQ or city so the only supply it had was what I manually gave it.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

Thanks for you extra ordinary effort. Since Supply does not have hit points, I assume that the damage is collateral when hitting a carrying SFT.
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Interesting, so the question now is, does the supply stock beyond the carry amount get reduced due to casualties ?
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

If bombing HQ's also cause a loss of supply then it stands to reason that continuous bombing attacks against enemy HQ's could disrupt supply to all corps attached to the targeted HQ's. Sounds like an interesting strategy to try out.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”