Really OT : World Cup 2014

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Olorin

RE: Really OT : World Cup 2014

Post by Olorin »

Most games have been good so far, but personally I am disappointed about the lack of star power of the big teams. There are a lot of very good tier 2 players, but only a handful of great ones. Take Brazil for example. The likes of Ronaldo (the real one), Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos and Cafu will not be seen in the same squad again I'm afraid, with the direction modern football is heading.
buutsy

Post by buutsy »

I am missing good referees ! [;)]
In modern highspeed football we really need some kind of video proof ! Let´s say every team can ask two times a match for a video evidence ...
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

Portugal 2 USA 2 Portugal ties on a last gasp goal.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
Cribtop

Post by Cribtop »

Such a gut punch for USA. We played so much better but one flub early and one loss of possession by Bradley late.

Going in, we would have taken 4 points through 2 games. The way it played out, it feels like a loss.

However, we can still get this done. Need to focus against Germany.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Soccer almost had 4 new fans until Portugal scored with the overage time.  I thought the US played better than Portugal.  But I don't know soccer.
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Wow, tough to tie that one. Our guys are good. Let's hope the Germans come into the game overconfident.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
koniu

Post by koniu »

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

Soccer almost had 4 new fans until Portugal scored with the overage time.  I thought the US played better than Portugal.  But I don't know soccer.

US play better but better not always win.
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
koniu

Post by koniu »

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

Wow, tough to tie that one. Our guys are good. Let's hope the Germans come into the game overconfident.

Cheers,
CC
I think they will play as serous as Germans can. They have no margin for error. After tie with Ghana they will probably try to dominate USA win game and show next opponents that they are going for championship. Difficult job for US team, very difficult.
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

The road to a championship is always difficult so here's to the USA team and the hope of advancing to the knockout round. If you check many of the teams have stumbled through so far.
Todd

pharmy

Post by pharmy »

There is a low chance that the US will not get through. The Worldcup is like the UK Premier League in tie breakers - goal differential first, then goals scored, then head to head. Right now the US has +1, Ghana -1, Portugal -4. And the US has scored one more goal then Ghana - 4 vs 3. So if the US lose by one, and Ghana win by one, tying the goal differential - then the US would still get through based on the third tie breaker head to head. If the US score 1 but still lose, Ghana would need a two goal victory margin over Portugal. And so on.... A Portugal victory would have to be a very high goal victory to catch up on goal difference.

As a neutral though, I don't think Ghana qualifying would be a tragedy either. I think their game vs Germany was superb, and they maybe should have won, while they did not deserve to lose to the US either in the first game. The US showed really nice football in their second game, easily deserving to win. So to me either team going through is fine.
Symon

Post by Symon »

Vamos CHILE !!!

Free stream on deportesenvivo. univision.com It's in Spanish, too. Guess who they are pulling for? [8D]
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

Chile fell getting the short end of the stick 2-0.
Todd

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

So a Brazil - Chile game coming up. Tasty.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: tocaff
Chile fell getting the short ed of the stick 2-0.
Yes, she did, but it was one of the most exciting games I've seen so far. The midfield work was exceptional for both sides and defense was great till Holande scored that late goal. Think Chile had a mental blivet "we gotta get a tie" and let that last goal through pure inattention. Ah, well, that's futbol. No lágrimas. Mañana será otro día. Ciao. John
Yippy Ki Yay.
Cribtop

Post by Cribtop »

Well played game. Both sides look dangerous. Brazil will get all it wants with Chile next game (unless they blow Group A). A test of whether Brazil will flip the switch or continue iffy form. Will be a great match.
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

Brazil has a history of improving play once they advance from the group stage. Of course there is always a buzz saw looming, but 5 stars says something.
Todd

Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: Cribtop
Well played game. Both sides look dangerous. Brazil will get all it wants with Chile next game (unless they blow Group A). A test of whether Brazil will flip the switch or continue iffy form. Will be a great match.
Yes. You are one of the few Americans that understands futbol. Will be a great match. Hate this forum nonsense. Signing off, now.
Yippy Ki Yay.
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

My biggest gripe about this competition is that for the most part the officiating has been inconsistent at best and downright shameful at it's worst. There have been very good games where the officials have done a great job, but that doesn't happen often enough.

It's also time for FIFA and all of the regional associations to step up and do something about players like Louis Suarez. The kind of conduct he has always shown shouldn't be tolerated.
Todd

KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

Suarez is an idiot. For people that do not know, it's the third time in his career that he has bitten someone on the pitch...
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

He's also not right in the head. I mean how many cameras are there at a World Cup game?

Maybe his injury will see him play little or no further part and so he decided to take one for the team (trying to get a penalty or a reaction from the Italian and so get him sent off). This would be inexcusable enough - but if not - and instead he simply couldn't control his base instincts when playing on the biggest of all stages - then he badly needs treatment....
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”