Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0.3 released 40 races

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Tcby

RE: Distant Worlds Extended

Post by Tcby »

Looks like this'll need a small update to stay current with the latest patch. Specifically the reduction in size from 360 to 300 for the basic colonization module.
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Yep, I'll get on it, this update also allows me to add some racial techs I wanted to add before, so might do that also.
In the mean time if you are using the latest patch copying the 'races' and 'policy' folder in to the mod directory will give you some of the updates if you can't play without the mod.
SlyvanianFrog

Post by SlyvanianFrog »

ORIGINAL: Haree78

Yep, I'll get on it, this update also allows me to add some racial techs I wanted to add before, so might do that also.
In the mean time if you are using the latest patch copying the 'races' and 'policy' folder in to the mod directory will give you some of the updates if you can't play without the mod.

Any estimate as to when this may be coming? I actually have a rare free weekend, and am trying to plan some things out.

Not being pushy - I'm not the one doing the work here. [:D] Just trying to get an idea/estimate.
Shrapnel

Post by Shrapnel »

I'm in the same boat SlyvanianFrog, free weekend but can't play DW without this mod.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

You don't need an updated mod to play. And it is probably a better idea to run the .3 patch anyways, as there are some issues with the latest one.

Would it break your game if the colonization module is at the old size? It has been that way until now...
thefinn12345

Post by thefinn12345 »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

You don't need an updated mod to play. And it is probably a better idea to run the .3 patch anyways, as there are some issues with the latest one.

Would it break your game if the colonization module is at the old size? It has been that way until now...

Battlebots are completely broken without the new patch.
thefinn12345

Post by thefinn12345 »

How come planet killers are removed?

OR is that just because of the particlar game I'm in ? (Sorry kinda new, and only noticed this after installing this mod ;)).
vmxa_slith

Post by vmxa_slith »

I do not know for sure, but suspect that it requires story lines to be enable to get planet busters.
Nanaki

Post by Nanaki »

It requires the original storyline enabled.
I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles
thefinn12345

Post by thefinn12345 »

Ah! thanks guys. ;)
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

ORIGINAL: thefinn

Battlebots are completely broken without the new patch.
And AI ship design without large shipyards are broken with it.
Solarius Scorch

Refugee All Stars request

Post by Solarius Scorch »

Dear Haree,

Would you mind if I use some elements from your mod for my own humble work? It is briefly described here. Basically, it's a race collection with two goals:
1) Make the game more space opera-ish. generally speaking, more humanoid aliens (though certainly not only such).
2) Introduce Master of Orion races, because somehow it hasn't been done yet (crazy, I know).

What I would like to use:

* Tarapin
* X-Human
* Phaerax
* Ortain
* Keskudon

No changes are planned for these races, though I can't say it's completely impossible.

Why do I want these races in? Because the nicely fit in the biases matrix, as well as other elements (governments for example). Secondly, they are widely known, so it may be more convenient fun for the community. Plus of course they are already made, so I would have more time to focus on other stuff.

If you for any reason disagree, I will respect that and make some other races that fit these niches. But I hope this won't happen. :)

If you do agree, I would also like to steal your Components and Research files, or at least parts of them which are related to your races.

Needless to say, you will be properly credited, with links to DWE and whatever else you wish.

Please respond. :)
Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

It is worth trying though, i can vouch that the issues aren't community wide as i haven't had any of them.
Genome

RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0.1 released 40 races

Post by Genome »

Hey, Haree/Das (and other parties involved), I just wanted to post thanking you for these excellent mods and the hard work that went into them. Making an excellent game even better.
SlyvanianFrog

Post by SlyvanianFrog »

Okay, so what bad things would happen if I apply the mod to the current version of the game on Steam (if any)?

I'm not trying to be picky, but the game is a fair investment of time, and I don't really want to get 5 hours in and discover that something just broke because the mod is not synched. Will the mod work through the entire game in the current version? Will something be materially screwed up because of it? I can live with small nits - I just don't want to discover 5 hours in that I suddenly can't use the diplomacy options or something.

P.S. If it helps, the most recent version on Steam is 1.9.5.4.
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

The number of problems you will have will be OVER 9OOO!
SlyvanianFrog

Post by SlyvanianFrog »

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

The number of problems you will have will be OVER 9OOO!

What?
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

Attachments
it__s_over..d256p79.jpg
it__s_over..d256p79.jpg (684.1 KiB) Viewed 136 times
SlyvanianFrog

Post by SlyvanianFrog »

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

Ah, okay. I don't get it. I'm not into My Little Pony or whatever that is.
necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

bwahaha

Return to “Design and Modding”