General Discussion Cross-Post: Stardrive Community Divide

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Icemania

General Discussion Cross-Post: Stardrive Community Divide

Post by Icemania »

I've posted this in General Discussion but expect a few of you would be interested in this for your entertainment

Note the use of Distant Worlds as a reference of good practice in many ways

Stardrive Community Divide
pycco

RE: General Discussion Cross-Post: Stardrive Community Divide

Post by pycco »

it is very unethical to abandon a game when half way though making it, just to turn around and make a new game with the money you stole.

i have filed a complaint with the BBB against his company, i will never buy another of his products.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
Nanaki

Post by Nanaki »

Not really sure it is appropriate to post here, I guess I am not that outraged anymore because I have seen just as bad if not worse from the industry time and time again...
I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles
ComJak

Post by ComJak »

I first saw SD a few years back but forgot about it until it popped up on steam. I bought it at a pretty discounted price of 3 dollars. In the end, everything mentioned by the negative reviews and forum posts were true. Missing features, broken features, blah blah the whole shebang.

I think it became such a big deal compared to other games that do similar things because the Space Real Time 4X genre hasn't really had anything noteworthy in a while (except DW). The ideas were great and fantastic but executed so poorly. The fact that the "patches" that get released every few months add/fix no features and rather, are small bug fixes that were brought on by the last patch. I would appreciate the effort if these patches were big, serious patches showing effort and care.
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

ORIGINAL: Nanaki
Not really sure it is appropriate to post here, I guess I am not that outraged anymore because I have seen just as bad if not worse from the industry time and time again...
It's in General Discussion for that reason. Comments should be posted there of course.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”