5.3 humans start with hive mind

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Lonck

5.3 humans start with hive mind

Post by Lonck »

two games now i've seen human empires start with hive mind. In the race files hive mind should be in the disallowed governments afaik.
necaradan666

RE: 5.3 humans start with hive mind

Post by necaradan666 »

haha, yeah I saw that too. it was freaky.
Nanaki

Post by Nanaki »

I have had humans start with Technocracy as well.
I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Hi Lonck

I'm unable to reproduce this problem. Is this using the default theme?

Can you please describe your game startup settings when this occurs? Is there a way to reliably repeat the problem?

Thanks
Elliot
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

ORIGINAL: Nanaki

I have had humans start with Technocracy as well.

Yep I had humans with Technocracy in my last game too, default theme, no mods.
Nanaki

Post by Nanaki »

ORIGINAL: elliotg

Hi Lonck

I'm unable to reproduce this problem. Is this using the default theme?

Can you please describe your game startup settings when this occurs? Is there a way to reliably repeat the problem?

Default Theme, Game startup settings are fairly mundane, I even use the 'random empire' option at the top instead of defining each empire individually. It seems like Humans can, occasionally, get Technocracy or Hive Mind as their random government pick. It is possible that this happens with other races with random government as well.
Lonck

Post by Lonck »

the problem could be because in their race files humans are allowed to pick that government. I change race files to disallow utopia and hive mind and they don't start with that. Last game they picked despotism this happens with 5.4 also.
Nanaki

Post by Nanaki »

That is not the issue, those governments are flagged as race specific which means they should not be picked unless the race has that government defined as its special government, which humans do not.
OpFubar

Post by OpFubar »

I have also seen humans with hive mind governments, and also i have seen other civilizations start with way of the ancients or way of darkness. Having those super government types at the start with the story lines disabled seems a bit off. At least, i don't think you can discover the super government types in ruins without the story lines activated.
Nanaki

Post by Nanaki »

ORIGINAL: OpFubar

I have also seen humans with hive mind governments, and also i have seen other civilizations start with way of the ancients or way of darkness. Having those super government types at the start with the story lines disabled seems a bit off. At least, i don't think you can discover the super government types in ruins without the story lines activated.

The storylines have nothing to do with the super governments, you can get the super governments from just exploring the right ruins.

Return to “Tech Support”