Eastern Accord 2012 ??

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Rudd

Eastern Accord 2012 ??

Post by Rudd »

I'm looking open info on US units that were part of the Eastern Accord exercise in Tanzania, September 2012

I can only find links that say "the" or "parts of the" 110th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade from the Missouri Army National Guard.

Was it all of the 110th?

Anybody know what "parts"? the 135th Signal Company? 311th Brigade Support Battalion? 1-138th Infantry Regiment?, or the 1-129th Field Artillery Regiment?

Were there anymore units besides the Missouri Guard?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Currahee

RE: Eastern Accord 2012 ??

Post by Currahee »

It appears it was a 'table top' exercise only. The following is from a source I found on the web detailing the Missouri National Guard's activities on 2012.
About 20 personnel from Headquarters and
Headquarters Company, 110th Maneuver
Enhancement Brigade traveled in September to
Arusha, Tanzania in Africa for Operation Eastern
Accord. The team partnered with 10 African countries
to facilitate discussion on how to counter violent
extremism.

Here's the link to the source. http://archive.org/stream/2012MOGuardAR/2012MOGuardAR_djvu.txt
It's somewhat large (sorry). The pertinent information is about 2/5th of the way down, under 'Highlights.'
That fits with what little other info I found with Google, and of pictures of them sitting in what I presume are air conditioned buildings. [:D]
Bottom line - it was a small scale exercise, no combat units deployed, and mainly done to show support for Tanzania.
Peace Through Superior Firepower.

When I retire, I will find a quite house in the countryside, buy the latest edition of Command, and play until I die of heart failure.
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

http://www.moguard.com/cmss_files/attac ... Report.pdf

Their report indicates it was the entire unit, but being from the area of that unit I do not think the 1-129 artillery took part, at least with their weapons.
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

I think Currahee hit it also that it was primarily a command level tabletop exercise.

Their equipment (the artillery component) never did leave, for sure.
Currahee

Post by Currahee »

Navwarcol's source is a more pleasantly formatted version of the source I found. It is definitely easier to navigate than mine. ('Go about 2/5 down' compared to 'go to page 13')
I do not mean to be rude, however, but where does it say the entire 110th MEB deployed? I found the same quote in the PDF as I did in my link. Maybe I am missing something. Again, I do not mean to question your source, but I couldn't find where it said that the whole unit deployed.
Peace Through Superior Firepower.

When I retire, I will find a quite house in the countryside, buy the latest edition of Command, and play until I die of heart failure.
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

Thanks Gentlemen,
pictures of them sitting in what I presume are air conditioned buildings.
I saw that too, with caption saying "...20 personnel..."...so wasn't sure if they were talking about the picture or the entire exercise, but I think links you guys provided, pretty much confirm only 20.

That being said, I may need to "modify" the exercise a bit[;)]

Thanks again and much appreciated
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

No problem, I did not find it rude at all. And you are correct that it did not say it. I think it implied it by listing the unit rather than some of its "parts", but also as I mentioned, I do not recall our local "part" of it leaving either, (the FA). There was actually a news piece even in the paper back home that seemed to confirm their equipment at least, was still there during that time.
ORIGINAL: Currahee

Navwarcol's source is a more pleasantly formatted version of the source I found. It is definitely easier to navigate than mine. ('Go about 2/5 down' compared to 'go to page 13')
I do not mean to be rude, however, but where does it say the entire 110th MEB deployed? I found the same quote in the PDF as I did in my link. Maybe I am missing something. Again, I do not mean to question your source, but I couldn't find where it said that the whole unit deployed.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”