Patch 1.5 ETA ?

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

amtrick

RE: Patch 1.5 ETA ?

Post by amtrick »

I await with baited breath. Thank you! [&o]

I know this is asking a lot, but will 1.50 include any improvements to the East Front scenario? Will the East Front scenario be integrated into the "standard" game? (I really like East Front ... it has serious potential)
RickD
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

If is it not too late, may I suggest some minor map change? In North America, northwest of Boston, the "city" of Killington is included. This is a bit strange, because Killington, Vermont, was named Sherburne until 1999. It is just a little village, the population in the 2010 US Census was only 811. Since 1954 the well-known Killington ski resort has been on a mountain peak of the same name there, and it is the largest ski resort in the Eastern United States.

I'm thinking that "Killington" was intended to be Burlington, Vermont, which would be in the same hex. This was (and still is) the largest city in that region, and was a major port of entry and railroad hub due to its location on Lake Champlain. The Lake connected with the Erie Canal, Champlain Canal, and Chambly Canal, which respectively connected with Lake Erie, the Hudson River, and the St. Lawrence River in Quebec.

A minor quibble, I admit. But I would recommend "Killington" be switched to "Burlington".
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: Connfire

If is it not too late, may I suggest some minor map change? In North America, northwest of Boston, the "city" of Killington is included. This is a bit strange, because Killington, Vermont, was named Sherburne until 1999. It is just a little village, the population in the 2010 US Census was only 811. Since 1954 the well-known Killington ski resort has been on a mountain peak of the same name there, and it is the largest ski resort in the Eastern United States.

I'm thinking that "Killington" was intended to be Burlington, Vermont, which would be in the same hex. This was (and still is) the largest city in that region, and was a major port of entry and railroad hub due to its location on Lake Champlain. The Lake connected with the Erie Canal, Champlain Canal, and Chambly Canal, which respectively connected with Lake Erie, the Hudson River, and the St. Lawrence River in Quebec.

A minor quibble, I admit. But I would recommend "Killington" be switched to "Burlington".

Burlington now on the map.[;)]

Attachments
USACitynamechange.jpg
USACitynamechange.jpg (116.39 KiB) Viewed 146 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: amtrick

I know this is asking a lot, but will 1.50 include any improvements to the East Front scenario? Will the East Front scenario be integrated into the "standard" game? (I really like East Front ... it has serious potential)

Hi amtrick,the 1.50 patch will be dealing with making the game more compatible with the I Pad,the patch is for reported bug issues,mostly for mulitplayer,it also includes the Small Garrison movement restriction,which limits these units to 1 hex from the City or Fortress they start from,gone are the days when they actively joined the front line battles.[;)]

As for the Eastern Front Scenario,this is a mod I created,I plan to refine it some more,and then it might be included in the next big patch that I'm also working on,version 1.5.5 [:D]
Make it so!
amtrick

Post by amtrick »

No problem. Fixing the SG issue is going to change the dynamics of the game enough to "freshen it up". I look forward to seeing how all my "old" strategies don't work anymore, as well as how the AI is going to respond to not havng the SG crutch anymore
RickD
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: kirk23
ORIGINAL: amtrick

Hi amtrick,the 1.50 patch will be dealing with making the game more compatible with the I Pad,the patch is for reported bug issues,mostly for mulitplayer,it also includes the Small Garrison movement restriction,which limits these units to 1 hex from the City or Fortress they start from,gone are the days when they actively joined the front line battles.[;)]

As for the Eastern Front Scenario,this is a mod I created,I plan to refine it some more,and then it might be included in the next big patch that I'm also working on,version 1.5.5 [:D]
Included with 1.50, are there fixes for existing 1.4.2 CTD MP games? Some of them I already had Matrix delete, for they were not that many turns into a match, plus they were getting old and forgotten. Also, is 1.50 more of an open beta patch than an official patch? Debating weather to try and resurrect old CTD matches or just start anew. If any of my opponents have read this, pm or post what you think.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

The MP crashes on 1.4.2 had nothing to do with the patch or MP bugs introduced by 1.4.2, but with specific software we introduced into the code to easier identify SP crashes.

A downside however in MP replay this could and would also be the cause of the MP crashes.

Without going to technical, we have this fixed in 1.50.
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

The MP crashes on 1.4.2 had nothing to do with the patch or MP bugs introduced by 1.4.2, but with specific software we introduced into the code to easier identify SP crashes.

A downside however in MP replay this could and would also be the cause of the MP crashes.

Without going to technical, we have this fixed in 1.50.
If by chance, there is a CTD after 1.50 get's released is there new way of reporting this. I have 8.1 OS when I go documents/games/CTGW I see no save game for MP or save game listed at all, what I do see is scripts rar, which requires an app to open (I do not know which app to get). When I first got the game there was a save game feature, but either through patches or updating my computer from 8,0 to 8.1 that feature has disappeared or replaced by scripts rar. Or, am I not doing something correctly to have access to save game MP or SP? I would love to get to the bottom of solving MP match CTDs. Seldom, if ever do SP games crash, when they did , I had developed my own system to go around the bug, however not always successful.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

ORIGINAL: Connfire

Burlington now on the map.[;)]

Thanks Kirk. Minor nitpick, but I spend a lot of time in that part of the world. I think the Germans would be much more interested in conquering the largest inland port and transportation hub in the region then a ski resort! [:)]
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Commander: The Great War for iPad has been in submission since last week, eagerly awaiting Apple`s approval to release...

So the CTGW iPad release is imminent and will go hand in hand with the latest v1.50 patch release for PC.
smittyohio90

Post by smittyohio90 »

Seems as if the ipad version got delayed... Any chance of getting the PC patch early? I don't get what the correlation is between the ipad version and the patch....
bbmike

Post by bbmike »

Any chance this patch will add hotseat play?
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

The iPad version and PC patch will be released at the same time or very close together, they are both the same game and you need the patch to guarantee cross-platform MP compatibility, so you can play MP games from and against the iPad or PC.

It is also possible to port SP saved games from the PC to the iPad or the other way around, using iTunes.

Sorry, hotseat did not make it into the game...

In fact, a call to all CTGW iPad Beta-testers:

Could all testers please give the latest build #33 a good test today, this is normally the last build before release, unless we find something horrible wrong.

So please all Beta-testers, help us here as much as you can and test the latest #33 as much as you can the coming 24 hours.

It will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ

bbmike

Post by bbmike »

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

The iPad version and PC patch will be released at the same time or very close together, they are both the same game and you need the patch to guarantee cross-platform MP compatibility, so you can play MP games from and against the iPad or PC.

It is also possible to port SP saved games from the PC to the iPad or the other way around, using iTunes.

Sorry, hotseat did not make it into the game...

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ

So...if I play the game on my PC as one side and also have it running on my iPad right next to my PC and play the other side on it, that's a kind of hotseat mode, right? [;)]
v.Manstein

Post by v.Manstein »

No, but only if you are seated on a heatable chair. [;)]
BYU 14

Post by BYU 14 »

So we could be looking at a weekend release?? (Fingers crossed)
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Hi guys,

We still found some small but annoying bugs in both the new PC patch and iPad versions, so we have to solve them first, we do our best but until we got them solved and tested we will not release and will do a rebuild and re-approval...

Our apologies and I keep you updated.
Rodwonder

Post by Rodwonder »

All good! Rather be right than wrong...
Rod T DeMore
BYU 14

Post by BYU 14 »

Ditto, thanks for taking the time to get it right and keep us posted
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Ditto and looking forward to it.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Return to “Commander - The Great War”