Stacking Limits

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pontiouspilot

Stacking Limits

Post by pontiouspilot »

Can someone pls refresh my memory? There are no stacking limits in stock but I am led to believe that they are automatic when using the DABB enhancements? Is this correct? What are actual effects of exceeding SL in DBB?
crsutton

RE: Stacking Limits

Post by crsutton »

It sucks up supply. A few men over the limit won't hurt much but the penalty can hurt if you really stack em up.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

Thanks cr. Is my assumption that the SL are Automatic in DBB correct?
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

I believe stacking limits depend on the map you are using and not the scenario.

When I downloaded the extended map with stacking limits there were also choices for both normal and extended maps without stacking limits.

I believe the maps come with a new hex data file that imposes the stacking limits.
Hans

obvert

Post by obvert »

If well overstacked the disruption caused can be a problem as well as supply drain.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

Babes has versions with and without stacking limits. Trust me stacking limits really changes the ground game.. a lot. And as mentioned above, large numbers over the limit consume a lot of supply, it also lowers morale and increases fatigue. And my favorite- increases the losses from bombing attacks. You can really score some good damage on an over stacked base. Just like over stacked airfields.
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

I went to DBB site and, maybe I'm blind but it wasn't evident to me which scenarios have the SL built in. Who has that info? Does DBB C scen 29 have SL built in?
linrom

Post by linrom »

DaBigBabes ver A can be played with or without SL.

SL for stock can be downloaded here:

https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/map-and-art/ab-extended-map

DaBigBabes ver B,C are played with Extended map and SL and SL come with the Extended Map.

Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Hans is right - the scenario doesn't define stacking limits, the map does. Here's a link to the page you're looking for with the extended Babes maps both with and without SL.

https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswi ... tended-map
linrom

Post by linrom »

My problem with SL is that it restricts TRUK to 25,000, which is barely enough to station about 5,000 infantry units. That makes it easy target for an Allied invasion. Further, Truk is supposed to serve as a staging area, but with SL of 25,000 that's hardly possible.

There are many other places in the Solomons that make it easy for Allied conquests such as Buin. Buin was never conquered, there were some 80,000 troops there, with SL it is limited to 35,000 troops.
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Stacking Limits (SL) are defined by the 'pwhex file' that you can download from the DBB website. There are two versions - one that places a SL on every hex and a second called "Gnarly" which changes even more the SL and roads in China and Burma/Assam area. When you click on a non-base hex in the upper right hand corner of the screen you will see the SL for the hex. When you hit the "R" key for the "Gnarly" pwhex files, you will see less roads in China and in the Assam area of SE India.
[center]Image[/center]
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

ok....thanks guys....got that straightened out.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”