Crash: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

warzer

Crash: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Post by warzer »

I am near the memory limit of the game, massive war's all around. Crashed after less than an hr. Have not been able to get past this save file Warzer_Previous_Autosave_to_Crash_outofmemory.dwg uploaded to the server.

Is there anything I can do to clean up my save file? I am enjoying this save greatly and would like to actually finish a game.

Distant Worlds - Crash Dump - 1.9.5.3

3:43:06 PM Wednesday, June 18, 2014

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.FindShipOutsideSystemWithScanRange(Double x, Double y, Double rangeModifier, Boolean includeLongRangeScanners, Boolean includeShipsOutsideSystems)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.IsObjectVisibleToThisEmpire(StellarObject objectToTest, Boolean includeLongRangeScanners, Boolean includeShipsOutsideSystems)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Galaxy.DetermineRequiredTroopStrength(Empire empire, Object target)
at DistantWorlds.Types.PrioritizedTargetList.IdentifyBestTargetFromLocation(Empire empire, Double x, Double y, Int32 troopStrengthAvailable, Int32 firePowerAvailable, PrioritizedTargetList targetsToExclude)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.AssignFleetAttackMission(ShipGroup fleet, PrioritizedTargetList& targets, Int32& refusalCount)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.IdentifyMilitaryObjectivesForSingleEmpire(Empire empire, Int32 overallAttitude, Int32 maximumAttacksForEmpireWeDeclaredWarOn, Int32 maximumAttacksForEmpire, Int32 maximumPlanetDestroyerAttacksForEmpire, Int32 maximumBlockadesForEmpire, Int32 maximumPreparationsForEmpire, Double galaxyIntoleranceLevel, Int32& refusalCount)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.IdentifyMilitaryObjectives()
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoTasks()
at DistantWorlds.Main.fhpEHuagbJofyHVNSqb(Object )
at DistantWorlds.Main.gs29X1YOqD(Object )

--- COMPLETE ---
Unforeseen

RE: Crash: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Post by Unforeseen »

You can still load the save or no?
warzer

Post by warzer »

I can load the previous autosave but there is always a crash before or during the next autosave.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Hi warzer

I've put in a fix for this in the next update (1.9.5.4)

Thanks
Elliot

Return to “Tech Support”