Carriers? what good are they?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

aaatoysandmore

Carriers? what good are they?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

They don't seem to be able to attack am I too assume all they are good for is aircraft landings and supply? They couldn't even attack other aircraft that were attacking them and that's just pretty ridiculous as they down many a plane in the war. Just to have them as some floating supply ship for aircraft is kinda silly. They should have attack ratings and attack features as well.
Misconduct

RE: Carriers? what good are they?

Post by Misconduct »

Carriers are good for resupplying aircraft, only problem is it resupplies one aircraft a time.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

Carriers are good for resupplying aircraft, only problem is it resupplies one aircraft a time.

Yes, the lack of being able to stack anything in this game is a MAJOR flaw.
[center]
Before all else, be armed.

-Niccolo Machiavelli-
[/center]

rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Depends on how you play. I consider units to be regimental and brigade in size and air units to be be wing sized. So you can have one wing of fighters supply on one turn and TB/FB the next. Just like in real life ww2 where fighters would always land first to refuel followed by TB and then FB. Each CV represents 50-100 aircraft.
ORIGINAL: Pariah

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Depends on how you play. I consider units to be regimental and brigade in size and air units to be be wing sized. So you can have one wing of fighters supply on one turn and TB/FB the next. Just like in real life ww2 where fighters would always land first to refuel followed by TB and then FB. Each CV represents 50-100 aircraft.
ORIGINAL: Pariah

No matter "how you play" I think tanks and infantry should be able to occupy the same ground.
It is a fun game and I am happy to have bought it. I just think having stacking units would be a great improvement to this already well made game.
[center]
Before all else, be armed.

-Niccolo Machiavelli-
[/center]

rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

It is a great wargame for the iPad but will need two or three major patches to bring it to the PC version as they claim it's the same port as the PC version and I can tell you it's not but not going to get into that anymore. They have promised a major patch which is past due now but I will wait because I love the game. Getting back to the CA issue in panzer corps they play such a very minor role in this game it's a mute point. Stacking would not work well in this game nor would the PC model work well in WintE or TOF. Peace.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Return to “Panzer Corps”