YouTube Collaborative Series

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

DasTactic

RE: YouTube Collaborative Series

Post by DasTactic »

Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 8 Part 2 ~ Humans in the Core

In this episode an important opportunity arises; the Humans send waves of ships against our core planets; and I forget to automate my fleet at the end of my turn.
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Recon,recon and more RECON! he obviously knows where you guys are.....pin down where he is. Then pay him a visit.[:D]
FingNewGuy

Post by FingNewGuy »

Don't...understand...why...they...have...not...done...more...to...determine...where...the...Humans...are! (Pulls hair out).
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Who is up next?
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

Our next guest was Myratax who played out year 9. :)

Antiscamp's war against the humans rages on during this year. Lots of fun.

Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 9 ~ Preparing The Fleets
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Was a good episode,better in the original German!

So next up is Larry again right? I'm opening a betting pool for year 10. Start posting your guesses as to how much time into the episode it will take Larry to mention Das putting the captured advanced cruiser into his fleet(Das_structor fleet)
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

Lol! I wasn't going to add it until after I looked at the stats. I don't think it will do all that well against other large ships - it is really designed for base destruction rather than slogging it out. I'm thinking of just having my fleet run around and destroy infrastructure - but who knows, the game always throws funny issues at you. :)
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Antiscamp's War! I kinda like that title.

Gains have been made on the ground though. Keep pumping those Rippa ships! I wonder what the enemy's war weariness is like. We can keep it going for forever though. I don't quite remember off the top of my head what their Way of the Ancients does to war weariness but it's worth a look. Get into their systems and start wrecking their mining stations too! Do the guerilla thing!

The best solution for the empire would be to put me back in charge and I'd show you all how to fight a merciless war! [:D]
FingNewGuy

Post by FingNewGuy »

The best solution for the empire would be to put me back in charge and I'd show you all how to fight a merciless war!

necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

to see Antiscamp take another turn at the wheel would be awesome
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

need my fix.......... It's been over 24 hrs now. What do you guys have real lives or something?
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

Larry has had some computer issues with a new sound card but I think he is on top of that now. :)
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Excellent......wondering how he's gonna handle this one. Das I know your answer........load troopships and occupy everything in sight,then laugh at the puny human! [:D]
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

Sorry guys! I got a bit delayed with hardware issues. Installed a sound card that turned into a game of "What's wrong with this machine NOW??!!" Plug and Play?? More like Wrestle and Wrangle!... [:D]

Anyway, here is part one for my year. Featuring clean 'hiss-free' vocals! [8D]

Distant Worlds Collaborative ~ Year 10: Pt 1 ~ Zentabia!
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

What a battle that was! :)
spiralaxis

Post by spiralaxis »

I was kind of surprised not to hear a "Oh crap, that capital ship has hyperdeny!"

Wil they be tearing that captured ship apart for tech?

Will they be including more boarding pods in future designs to try to capture more ships and turn the tide?

Will they purpose-build a fleet or two to capture the Tairoshan and Human capital ships?
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Hopefully your anti-piracy mission will get you a prize. very interested in your redesign now that you have another 100 space to use.
FingNewGuy

Post by FingNewGuy »

It was just a tad frustrating that, with all the pause time during the battle, Larry did not check the pop-ups which informed us that the Human 1st and 6th Fleets were inbound to his fleet's location after he had tackled the first Human task force. That would have been the time to bug out, salvaging his fleet. [:(]
Tcby

Post by Tcby »

"Cmon target. Target. Target. I can't target this thing!
....oh it's mine"

heheh
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

ORIGINAL: FingNewGuy

It was just a tad frustrating that, with all the pause time during the battle, Larry did not check the pop-ups which informed us that the Human 1st and 6th Fleets were inbound to his fleet's location after he had tackled the first Human task force. That would have been the time to bug out, salvaging his fleet. [:(]

He needed the cost savings on maintenance for those obsolete ships. New hull size and better rail-guns and I believe
he has better armor researched. but with 6 months left for his turn this year we won't see his new boys in action for awhile. Hopefully he'll rebase and automate the fleet before end of his turn.

Return to “After Action Reports”